Idle Issue Street Scrambler 2021

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by MJA, May 31, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MJA

MJA New Member

May 26, 2023
    Preston
    Hi Everyone,
    I ride a 2021 Triumph 900 street scrambler and it keeps running away at low idles...

You are my last resort...Has anyone had this problem? It starts up great idles around 1400-1500 rpm for about a minute then settles down to around 1100-1250

The problem starts when riding not on sweeping roads but in town or slow riding down country lanes. The bike just wants to run away when it comes to a junction. Its so annoying you have to keep feathering the clutch to bring the revs down. Ive heard that triumph did this to stop the bikes from stalling well its definitely done that but now im in danger of running into a car at a junction. I have filmed it on a private road of course with no hands on the throttle and its just rambling along in 2nd gear. It hovers around 1400-1500 revs and cruises along until you pull the clutch in then it drops to normal revs. I have taken it into Youles and they said its kinda normal, its spoiling the bike to be honest, Ive always had triumphs but now I'm thinking about a change.
    Cany anyone help.....
    Cheers Mike

The video is my hand off the throttle and its just cruising along then at the end I pull my clutch in and it drops revs
    Video wont upload

2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Mike, I can't help with the problem I'm afraid but in order to upload a video you need to put it on something like YouTube or Vimeo and then copy the link to your post ;)

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #3 Pegscraper, Jun 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    I've had a 2020 SS and now have a 2022 model but can't say I've noticed this, except for when the engine/ECU warning light came on the other day and the idle speed increased. I cleared the fault code and it hasn't occurred since. If the warning light isn't lit it's unlikely you have an ECU fault.
    When fully warmed up mine idles around 950-1050 so your idle speed does seem a bit high.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Old mike

Old mike New Member

Jul 23, 2023
    Newcastle
    Mine does the same, mildly annoying I know.