Idiots!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gus, Aug 23, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gus

Gus Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Took a policy out yesterday with Motorcycle Direct and according to askmid it's STILL NOT on the database plus they don't give you a certificate. The thing is, if I get stopped, I knowI'm legal but the cops won't, and because the insurance are closed till Monday what would happen. The only thing I can do is go online with the phone if there's reception) to show the email confirmation from them. I can't print anything either as I need ink, what a fkn carry on icon_rolleyes

2. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    Print out your email they sent you!

3. SteveJ

SteveJ Super Moderator

Aug 12, 2013
    North Hampshire
    If you are stopped and the officer asks you about insurance explain the situation and he/she should give you a 7 day production of documentation which you can bring into a police station of your choosing (not the officers) so that you can prove you have insurance for your vehicle under no circumstances should they be using section 165 of the RTA to take your vehicle as there is no admission or reasonable proof that you have not insured you vehicle.

Best advice if you get into this situation is stay polite (no matter what they are like).