Ideas/improvements To The Triumph Forum

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Mar 3, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    As the title says I thought it would be a good idea to put down any ideas or improvements, rather than duplicate any ideas just click agree with the original poster, hopefully this will give @Rob the site administrator an insight into what the members would like him to do to improve the site.

My first improvement would be for a “favourites” button so I can save and easily find a thread that is of interest to me, at the moment we have a watched thread but this has all threads you have contributed too (I usually delete/unwatch most of them every few months and just leave the ones that i want to see again which is a bit of a pain)

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    A separate “Touring” area as at the moment it is lumped together with Rideouts, Trackdays,Touring, and Spotted:confused:! I know that if you go into this area and click on one of the “Blue Touring Logo” it will bring up all posts on touring but I’m sure a lot of members will not know about this and I’m pretty sure that someone who is new to the site will never think about clicking on the Blue Touring logo to see all the touring posts:confused::confused:! As touring seems to popular among members it only seems right that it should have it’s own area

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sorry DD just a joke :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Bikes are a huge target for thieves,is it worth while having a ''Stolen Triumph Register'' ? : unamused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Just a thought which came about cos I read this wrong, so would it be worth having some kind of section which could go back to Triumph on possible improvements that they could make in respect of what there customers have experienced or what they are doing well and we like, perhaps have it refered back to them on a quarterly basis. ? Do we have some kind of referal system ?
    Do we even have any clout ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Yep thats ok lets hope they do, I know someone at Hinkley next time I see them I will run it past them.

• Like Like x 4
  7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Let's see if they are watching -

I think the new Thruxton R is dead rubbish !, but maybe if I had one on a long term test I could use my special admin powers to persuade everyone on the forum they should buy one

Lets see ;)

:p:joy::laughing::grinning::joy::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  8. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

And once again Jez...burst out laughing :joy: brilliant :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Winglad

Winglad Crème de la Crème

Dec 21, 2016
    Earth
    #8 Winglad, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Man, you just blew Drunkeys cover!
    He‘s in a Resocialization Camp on an artificial island somewhere in the Pacific right now. The poor little monkey.

Rescue plans anybody???

The good part is (and Ron @MrOrange you‘ll like this): All of Drunkey‘s income from his espionage job went into one of my accounts. So I was able to sell my Triumph and buy a Harley :D
    Thanks Drunkey.

But on a more serious note: You guys do not really believe that anyone employed for monitoring this forum
    would last for more than 2 weeks without medication?
    They probably wouldn‘t believe that any of us is older than 16 anyway and therefore being still in the process of tuning our longboards...:p

HELLO HINCKLEY! CHEERS TO YOU!

• Funny Funny x 11
  10. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Summat of minor issue, the heart “Love you” ... could it say “Love this”? There are often posts that I more than like, but don’t really want to tell the poster that I love them.

(Awaits an outpouring of affection from other forumites)

• Love You Love You x 9
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Don't worry, we understando_O .... honest, we really do!:grinning:

12. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Yep thats ok lets hope they do, I know someone at Hinkley next time I see them I will run it past them.
    This is like the reply I had from Triumph when they told me they had no plans to have a grab rail on a Thruxton, but enjoy your two up riding.....
    Oh funny they now do have a grab rail for the Thruxton R.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

All the threads end up being the same anyway :eek:
    Don’t know if I’m coming or going :confused:
    Come to think about it I don’t know where I’ve been either :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    But we know where ya wanna gan :eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    So you're "The Young One" and you forget ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    download.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 10
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Here goes Andy -

If were on about lap dancing or Hitler - Weather
    Cake - Forum improvements
    Hitler - something else entirely ?????

Why am I listing stuff ???

Oh look - biscuits - Mmmmmmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Private Conversations,At the moment there is a limit of 5 people who can have a private conversation together, for events like "The Scottish Road Trip" for example it would be handy if the limit was more as there might be details you want to share between each other

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    How about being able to upload sat-nav routes (ideal for the touring section), at present we're unable to upload .gpx files. File size is generally smaller than photos so I don't see a reason not to?

Bizarrely it seems you can get round it by sticking it in a zip file.:confused:

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    Is it possible for newbies to put there post code in the opening which would allow local's to get in touch

21. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I don't think it would be a good idea to put your postcode up..some folk have put it up under their avatar..but they usually get advised to remove it as it shows any undesirables where your pride and joy is kept..it's better just putting the county or town your from up instead..(not sure what you mean by the opening?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Yeah I kinda noticed that a few days ago too when I did a private message. It only offered me the option of an URL which is no bloody good for me sending a pic out of my own phone.

23. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    'kin ell. Want want want ! Never bloody happy you lot ! Whinging set of never satisfied pansies !
    You've never had it so good you know ! and all you can do is moan moan bloody moan !

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  24. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Anybody got anymore suggestions?