I Was Only Looking...but It Looks So Nice..i Want!

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Red Thunder, Apr 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just browsing AutoTrader and looked at a couple of Daytona 955i for under £2,500
    I wonder if my missus would notice a second bike in the garage that I have no way of justifying!!!
    ...other than "Because I wanted it"

Although I have a Speed Triple 2016, the late 995i do look rather tasty, and can be personalised and experimented on without worrying about devaluing to much...new carbon cans, indicators, oil reservoirs, dyno runs, full access using TuneECU...

I must admit I am tempted
    I just wonder if a bunch of flowers for the wife will be enough:D

[​IMG]
    or
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    But which colour is best.....:eek:

3. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    The plastic tanks bubble with ethanol ( dont know if Daytona is plastic)
    The engine is awesome never a bad word said and goes.

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

BLACK.

LISTEN TO THE VOICES.

BUY IT NOW.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

BLACK :cool:......don’t understand why you had to ask :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You need to buy the black one..............................................................and a potted plant !!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I can identify with this dilemma. While cold and rainy yesterday I went shopping, I mean looking at the local Kawasaki dealer. He had the new z900rs, Black and beautiful. The people at Kawasaki sure got this one right. I had to check it out in person after reading all our recent posts. Reminds me of a good sports car, looks like its doing 60mph sitting still. Dealer quoted me a great price cash out the door as well. My biggest problems are that I am not in need of a NEW bike, and I also do not buy the first year model of Anything! But, comments made here were absolutely true. Just a fun way to pass a bad day!

8. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I can identify with this dilemma. While cold and rainy yesterday I went shopping, I mean looking at the local Kawasaki dealer. He had the new z900rs, Black and beautiful. The people at Kawasaki sure got this one right. I had to check it out in person after reading all our recent posts. Reminds me of a good sports car, looks like its doing 60mph sitting still. Dealer quoted me a great price cash out the door as well. My biggest problems are that I am not in need of a NEW bike, and I also do not buy the first year model of Anything! But, comments made here were absolutely true. Just a fun way to pass a bad day!

9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Not nice in silver though mate go black or the strontium yellow :)

10. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
  11. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    there was a stunning condition black one on gumtree about 2.5k,it had an owner who pampered it gold wheels and details looked new,i would have bought it myself funds permitting.

12. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    18k and it isnt even a HP4?? mind you, at 15k and up for the standard bike I can see how you can get to 18k with some additions. Way too much for the road tho, they'll do 95 in 1st gear and the one I rode hit me in the chest with an unexpected 100mph 3rd gear wheelie :eek: but they are awesome on track, where they come into their own. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I wouldn't swap your wife for a bunch of flowers if I were you, she's got to be worth more than that. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Is the potted plant so she can crown him with it? :)