I Was In The Mood For Shopping :-)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Markus, Sep 1, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Markus

Markus First Class Member
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    First item: a pair of new motorcycle gloves for me and my wife.
    Gloves: MODEKA PANAMERICANA
    Sympatex® membrane: 100% waterproof, windproof and breathable and dynamic climate control, visor wiper on the left index finger.
    I am already curious how they prove themselves. They have done very well in many test.
    The price was extremely reasonable! €80.90 (with discount) through an online store.

Second item: a new biker pants for me, because I am not satisfied with my pants from BÜSE and it is a 3 in 1 system. You must therefore zip in a waterproof layer in case of rain, otherwise the pants are not really waterproof.
    Pants: MODEKA VIPER LT
    It is a 2 in 1 system where the outer material is already 100% waterproof and no further layer is required. The second layer is for low temperatures.
    List price at the manufacturer: €269.90. My purchase price at an online store was €230.- with delivery.

Since the weather here in Austria has immediately transitioned from summer to autumn, I can test the weather resistance of my new equipment very quickly and extensively. I will then report to you about it!

Handschuhe MODEKA PANAMERICANA.jpg

Hose MODEKA VIPER LT.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Always good feeling getting new kit. Hope it meets your expectations :):)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    yes Markus i do love buying new bits and pieces. Your bits look quality.
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Markus

Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Yesterday I got my new motorcycle pants.
    First impressions:
    - high material quality
    - the warm layer for low temperatures is zipped in and provided in the pant legs with buttons
    - all pockets and zippers are waterproofed
    - on the thighs there are vents (front and back)
    - at the end of the legs of the pants is an elastic band hidden, with which you can make the pants even tighter in bad weather
    - the trousers have a high waistband that goes up to the kidney area
    - in the area of the calves and thighs the width of the pants can be adjusted (press studs with attached elastic band)
    - the width of the waistband can be adjusted with velcro fasteners on both sides of the waistband
    - additional adjustable/removable suspenders are attached by means of zippers and velcro fasteners

Today I used the pants without the warm layer while driving to my office at about 11 degrees Celsius ( about 52 F).
    Result: very comfortable and without the extra layer I was not cold.
    On today's return trip I can then test the pants at about 25 degrees Celsius ( about 77 F).
    Let's see how they prove themselves then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Markus

Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    The last few days I was able to extensively test the pants in the temperature range of 11 - 26 degrees Celsius.
    As already described, low temperatures are no problem. Below 10 degrees is then recommended the use of the additional warm layer.
    At temperatures above 23 degrees Celsius I have opened the side vents on the thighs.
    Result: very comfortable to wear
    I have the impression that despite the dark color (black) of the pants, the heating is not as strong as other pants I own.
    In summer temperatures above 30 degrees, however, I would recommend switching to another, thinner pants!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Markus

Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    After two weeks of waiting, I finally received the gloves I ordered.
    On the weekend I was able to test them in the temperature range of 9 - 27 degrees Celsius.
    Low temperature is no problem. At temperatures above 25 degrees Celsius they get realy warm. So I switched back to thinner gloves. I will basically wear them in spring and autumn and at wet weather conditions.