I Want One!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Tricky-Dicky, Dec 20, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    The new 2018 Speedmaster.......the more i look at it the more i want it will be the perfect replacement for the T160.....if i can eventually sell it, the thought of the extra comfort and the ability to go out and not worry about planning a route that's not likely to contain too many pot holes.....;)

Mind you there would be a fair amount of clutter that would have to go and the bars would need changing but i suspect it will be the most comfortable bike...bit like changing from sitting on a shooting stick to a reclining arm chair.
    I have been putting off booking a test ride for fear of just falling in lust with it but its got to happen this year...
    the only thing that puts me off is the prospect of dealing with ECUs and associated sensors along with CANbus
    been there done that with lots of cars but still not over keen due to the costs and diagnostic tools needed...but hey what price progress...if its is that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Keep promising to take it over to a Triumph dealers that's about 35 mls away and book the test ride with them, they would all like to see it but they did say its not what they would want as a PX, i have had some adds out for it but i think i need to step up the game with adds next year to get to the right sort of audience.......
    new years resolution;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Tread carefully mate :eek: get the test ride booked but be ready to commit yourself to a new Speedmaster :grinning:
    I can’t fault mine :)
    You sound like you’ve had plenty experience with ECUs/canbus etc on your cars :)
    I really don’t have a clue with all this modern wizardry :confused: but when I press the starter it starts :) and is such an easy and pleasurable bike to ride :)
    It’s easily the most comfortable bike I have ever owned :)
    My first ride with NUDGER was an all day ride down to mid Wales for this years GMU and I felt like I could have done twice that :eek: it really is all day comfortable :)
    Don’t be too hasty about changing the beach bars...like you I thought I would probably need to change them but they work so well and for me are a real big part of the comfortable ride :)
    When I had my test ride I had every intention of just walking away and saving up a bit :)
    But I did the deal straight after the ride :eek:
    You have been warned :imp:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

9F74DC88-E926-4D2C-851B-14DB30048F3C.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Beerman

Beerman Guest

Yes, the beach bars attract quite a lot of criticism - not sure why; for me they are comfortable (as is the rest of it!).

Beerman

• Agree Agree x 1