I Think She Knows.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dave Teece, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Teece

Dave Teece Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Saturday morning I'll be at Laguna in Maidstone collecting a new steed. The current TT600 has been showing it's displeasure by giving me the run-around! Possible charging issue started last week, noticeable by a flickering xenon headlamp at idle and this morning, as I arrive at work, I see the temp gauge at 85 deg. Not unusual you may say but getting to know your machine is what it's all about. Normally it would be a lot higher due to the speed humps, hence slower speeds, causing it to get hot. Leave work this afternoon, start her up and the dash is reading 85 deg straight away and apparently, I'm doing 60 mph! The clock is also stuck on 8.05. Knackered dashboard?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    They know, just be strong and don’t break down, you not the bike!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave Teece.
    Just be kind to the tt it will understand. But if it has problems won't they fleece you if of course you are trading it.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Probably a knackered battery or regulator, maybe the stator is cooked !
    Electronics don't like poorly regulated power ! It confuses the ecu and so it registers bad information on the console. Anything can be affected , temp , fuel , speed , high or low beam etc ...etc ... !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    When electrical gremlins appear I have found that in many cases it's the ground path or ground wire (earth)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Hi Joe. No worries on the trade-in front, it's a straight cash sale.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Hey, Capt. I was leaning towards charging system, again. Renewed stator and regulator last year, around £90 a piece! Now, where are those receipts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    check your battery connections are tight,

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Well, it's Friday 13th and the cow only had to get me to work and back but no! Jumped off a spare car battery and as soon as I disconnect it dies. Looks like spares or repair for another TT.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I feel for you DT. I'm looking around for a newer car and of course my up-to-now reliable current car has sprung a coolant leak. Near the heater matrix. If my local garage confirms it is coming from a notoriously weak join in the pipes and can bodge it happy days, otherwise four figure replacement of the matrix itself...

Hope the TT issues get resolved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Sir Trevor, the day gets worse. Just rang to change the insurance over to the Street Triple and the bustard want to rape me for£2800!

• WTF WTF x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    It's not garaged is the reason. It's cost me near on £400 getting Biketrak(?) fitted, and for what?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Dozer, perhaps I'll have to bite the bullet and start storing it in the back garden, inconvenient as it may be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BLIMEY :eek::eek::eek:
    Who was that with ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Carole Nash wanted to stiff me for an exorbitant sum as I had an accident and it's still not resolved (old trout pulled out in front of em, but apparently it was my fault). I shopped around and got it for about a third of the price. Shame, as CN had been pretty good in the past.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dave Teece

Jun 17, 2016
    South Essex
    Okay guys, thanks for the responses. Now I'm home and had a chance to get some proper quotes, normal service has resumed:rolleyes:. Bikesure wanted the big money but MCE have stopped the panic attack, now a reasonable £165 with breakdown, helmet and leather cover blah bah.:)

• Like Like x 8
  18. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    Definitely NOT 21st century - made for old Rover/GM V8s many decades ago. It kept my old Range Rover running for years before the heads came off for new gaskets and used on my ZRX as well

• Agree Agree x 1