I Think I Fried The Ecu

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Motojohn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    #1 Motojohn, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    bit of help , a wile ago i fitted a second hand power comander 3 to my 2005 speed triple as i thought it would smooth it out a bit as it has a K & N filter and a single race can fitted with a O2 eliminator.
    well long story short the PC3 did not work at all so it was returned , and i went to put it back to the way it was , that was when i made a massive cock up by mixing up the fuel pump lead and the o2 sender leads .
    the bike did not start and then i noticed what i had done and put it back and it ran but not that well .
    the bike will start and tick over and run just fine but runs just on two cylinders on the way home i have tried to re set it many times and just when you think its ok it plays up , can i just replace the ecu ?
    i have now put the om pipes back and the o2 censor hoping it would fix it it did not

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Could you have screwed the fuel pump? If it starts, runs I would think the ECU isnt damaged,(possibly confused) when you say reset do you mean started with no throttle and left to run for 12 minutes, at idle?

3. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    no the fuel pump is fine i have done the start with no throttle and run untill the fan starts but the the yellow warning light says on , the bike runs ok on the way to work but when i go to ride home later it feels like its missing and you have to rev the tits off it just to get home keeping the revs at 4000rpm then the next day its ok ?? i have found a ECU so it may be a swap over

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you reloaded the map?

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Plug coils?

6. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    Reloaded the map , i have no idea how to do that

7. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    new plugs

8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If you’ve gone back to standard get a copy of tune ecu downloaded ont a laptop and an usb2obd cable then a map for your bike and specs.
    There’s a few threads on here about it.

9. Motojohn

Motojohn New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Exeter
    Ok thanks I will have a look. I did do it on my buell a whle ago but then I had a cable and was sent the program