Featured I Suppose It's Goodbye Then...

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by learningtofly, May 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Well, it's probably evident already that I'm a fairly impulsive bloke, but a few days ago - and without any definite intention at the outset (although I was certainly inquisitive) - I did a deal on my bike which, come Friday, will see me swapping it for a 2016 BMW R9T with just a few k's on the clock. The bike in question is quite heavily customised - aside from a stunning metallic paint job on the tank and the front fender its also been fitted with BMW head protectors, Unit Garage rear rack, Sargent seat, Rizoma tail end and license plate holder, Rizoma bar end mirrors, Puig (I think) rear hugger and Dart windshield. It also has a factory anti-theft alarm, and its currently getting a pre-collection full service and new MOT (the bike is a MY2016).

I do feel bad, actually, straying from Triumph for the time being but there you go... it's done and I'm very happy about the decision that I've made. I guess it means that my time here, at least for now, is over so I'd like to thank you all for making me feel welcome and to wish you all many, many miles of safe and happy riding. I may well be back at some point, as I definitely see a Thruxton R in my future!

• Like Like x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Oh, really? I didn't realise that there were peeps here that were non-Triumph owners. I guess in that case I'll hang around, as I do like it here :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

You're still welcome on this forum to me mate.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Plenty on here without Triumphs mate :eek:
    Just stick around and take the flak :p

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Never a dull moment learningtofly Street Twin for 10 minutes, Street Triple for 15 minutes what do you recon on the beemer 20

Enjoy fella

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Don't go! As DD says someone on here as only ever had a BMW.
    You'll be fine with the Beemer - as soon as you realise that a WWII Tiger tank had a smoother gear change! :D:D

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Yep hang around and post pictures of the R9T I've been drooling over one of those for a while, No feckin chain to arse with, amongst other things!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Good choice, and congrats on the new bike. Let’s see some piccies.
    I’ve got an R9T as well. Lovely bike to ride once you get the suspension sorted and a quick action throttle on her.
    Stick around here too, it’s a much better forum than the Beemer ones. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    You won't get any flak from me, i've not always been a fan but nowadays BMW produce some cracking bikes!..i have one on my shortlist for my next bike;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Get a Rocket, no fecking chain to arse with lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Piss off! But before you go can you post some pictures!:)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Splitter. ;)

Nah, enjoy the new ride mate. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    As said many times above LTF, no need to jump ship, I for one definitely want to see a pic of your new steed, and don't tell anyone but I've always liked the look of the S1000RR, not that I'd give my Speedy up for one and too many aches would incur riding one :weary_face:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    No need to feel sorry about going German and leaving us English or should that be Taiwan Tiger owners. Stay for the crack and post some pictures as it sounds a fantastic bike. Least it's not a UJM or a made in China bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #15 learningtofly, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
    I won't answer each post individually as I'd bore the pants off you, but thanks for being so obliging to a complete turncoat. I'll stick around for sure, and will post some pictures once I get my hands on it at the end of next week.

By the way, @Repooh , on the basis that I had the Twin for ten minutes, I've had the Triple for an hour (so stop exaggerating!!!). Oh, and sorting the suspension is about all I intend doing to it - I was thinking of going all out but a Nitron shock on the back and some cartridges on the front out to do the job.

One thing I will say before I sod off for some football is that I'm now back in the "modern classic" scene, which suits me a lot better and is actually why I bought the Twin. Even thinking about things like the DGR, I know this is more right for me in terms of image, lifestyle, etc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Stay mate a bikes a bike lots of members on here have other makes of bike me included :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    It would be great to hear your experiences with your new bike - post pics etc, the underlying fact is - it is a motorcycle and that is what we all appreciate. All the best...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    If it's anything like their cars mate then indicators are a very expensive optional extra that rarely gets selected :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Speaking of fairings (and aside from the Denali Soundbomb that I've literally just taken off the Triple in readiness), this is the only thing I'm buying for the 9T as it has pretty much everything else sorted. puig.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    @learningtofly if I remember correctly you got your Triumphs from Hertfordshire Triumph?

I hear they are closing down in the summer, allegedly, Jack Lilly are building a dealership in Watford

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    That's correct. The sales team (not sure about the other guys) are moving to a newly-opening Triumph dealership at Lind Watford (in addition to the existing Lind Harley dealership there). June 1st is opening day, although I'll be embarrassed to show my face now!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1