I Hate 2020

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rocker, Oct 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    TT cancelled World Finals at Pod cancelled TGM cancelled lets hope this shit which has killed 0.11 percent the population:confused: will be over soon and we can all get together for a beer :)
    Ps we need better emojis these are shit for a paid forum

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Mate don't worry it's only dangerous if you a fat fecker over 50 and safe if you smoke 20 a day with an alcoholic intake of 10 units plus a day

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Not so quick sir Irish whiskey only counts as a mouth wash :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Apparently in the long run more people will die from non-covid related diseases rather than covid due to regular care being witheld because of this shitshow.

Let's hope this crap is over soon and we can all have a good few pints together.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Agree with you mate, 2020 truly has been a shite year. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    It’s a head down and work year then for me. Nothing to look forward for other than my own farts!! :p:p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Disclaimer: This is NOT a slam on the OP or anyone else. I think this is a great idea for a thread and I think it will help folks get some things off their chests. My reply is simply the way I look at things and I only share in hopes it'll make some people think about the positive rather than the negative.

I agree, Rocker, 2020 certainly is NOT the best of times -especially for sports. Everything has gotten so political -which can be fun if not taken too seriously, but also is a poison for all sports, IMHO.

But, I personally believe how we view this year (and every other) is a perspective thing.

Having started 2020 (2 January) with brain surgery to remove cancer (which followed lung surgery to remove cancer, which followed colon surgery to remove cancer) I think any year above dirt is a blessing and a wonderful time to be alive!

Some people make themselves miserable living like Eeyore, "oh, woe is me, everything isn't going the way I think it should" not just this year, but every year. Some say if life gives you lemons make lemonade (they never tell you that you've got to provide the sugar and water yourself :p). I say, enjoy what you have while you have it. Perseverance finds the good in the worst of circumstances, so persevere!

We all have positives in our lives so why not focus on them? I have a wonderful wife, a great dog, I get paid more than I'm worth for doing less than I ought to, and I am able to do the things I love most (Mrs. JtC, camping, riding motorcycles, playing with Hannah the psycho Doberman, just chilling in our gazebo when I have the energy to do nothing else -there's a fairly long list!).

I choose not to focus on the things that are not good and I have no control over -Covid, the election mess, riots, a boss that is trying to destroy me, the fact that I can't play my bass very often any more, the morals of society in general are going to shite, and having the big C and the negative effects of the poison I have to take. Those are things I have no control over and they rarely leave my prayer closet as far as my serious thoughts go.

We all have off days -sometimes I'm grumpy and just look for a fight because I'm fed up and sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed, but those times pass fairly quickly and I'm back to finding the humor in all things and focusing on what makes me smile more than what makes me frown.

Like my old football coach used to say, take what you have and do what you can. And don't forget what Bobby McFerrin said, don't worry, be happy! :cool:

• Like Like x 11
  8. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    #8 Steve 998cc, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    The best thing about 2020 will be december 31st at 23.59&59 seconds and then it can f**k right off

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Yes, they were. I think I even remember them being offered as a free gift for subscribing to Sports Illustrated magazine. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    No doubt that 2020 has been different and is likely to continue pretty much as it started. For me trying to keep doing the things that I enjoy I find is the best way to beat the restrictions and constraints that we are having to endure. Yes sport has been messed up and visiting friends and family is increasingly difficult, but I can stiil ride my bikes, enjoy a good meal and a drink with my wife, so life is not so bad really. You have to take the positives out of life :):)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Right on, Wessa.

I fear that the people who think they'll wake up on 1 Jan 2021 and all will be better are going to be sorely disappointed -it'll probably be exactly like it was on 31 Dec 2020 only with a different date. Best start making things better for ourselves rather than wait on things to "improve". And for Pete's sake don't wait on the government to make it better, you'll be waiting a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time! :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep, the government can set the agenda but they cannot make life better for us, only we have the power to make that happen. :heart:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Still not got over missing the NW200 for the third time in 20 years. 2001, Foot and Mouth, 2013, bike breakdown on the way with stone through the rad thanks to the bastard tar spraying pantomime some Councils seem to regard as resurfacing. At least I got a new Triumph this year to ease the pain.

• Like Like x 2