I’m Always Getting Bullied

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BonnieCat, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yes it’s true. Whenever I drive my little Aygo, nearly everyone drives a few centimeters away from the back of the car, then zooms out to overtake at the first opportunity. Now, I’m not driving slowly or like a old pensioner, but there’s something about my little car that turns people (mostly the male population) into bullying monsters. What is it they don’t like or resent.
    Never had this problem when I had my 3 series BMW.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You need a bumper sticker.....

E4CDFB53-1B15-4687-8BB7-F781991EA602.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Possibly because the perception is that an Aygo is likely to be driven slowly or erratically most likely by an OAP. It is vehicle discrimination :p, and I'm guilty of it :imp: as I'd rather be in front than behind anyone who I perceive as an accident waiting to happen. Although I don't believe I bully other road users, I just get past them as soon as I safely can for my own self preservation.

I'm not in anyway casting aspersions on your driving prowess :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:mad: Feckin BULLY:mad:

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    It will very likely stop happening BC when you stop wearing a trilby or flat cap when you are driving. ;)

Only joshing. :)

I have the problem of every boy racer in a beat up hot hatch or similar wanting to race me. I drive an Alfa Romeo that seems to bring out the competitive element in a lot of youngsters. They, too, like to see how close they can get to my rear bumper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    WTF Nikki, you are not alone I drive an SUV and still get dickheads up my exhaust and I don't drive like a pussy. I find a little tap on the brakes tends to force them to back off a little..... sadly the standard of driving today is just piss poor.

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    That was one of the reasons I sold my Z4, loads of idiots wanting to race :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I love it when people drive too close to my bumper. Because it's so dangerous, I have to slow right down. For some reason this winds them up. Gives me a tremendous amount of satisfaction.
    You should try it @BonnieCat Nikki.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hey Nikki, it's not your car honest, I drive a Mitsubishi PHEV which seems to attract tailgating idiots, believe me I don't drive like Miss Daisy either! :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Funny you said this Nikki as Mrs Visor was saying just the same the other day when she drives her Mini, and she's not slow either but people will try anything to get passed and tailgate when they can't : unamused:: unamused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    I had one of those for just over a year and hated it for just over a year :joy::joy: Traded it in for a 2.4ltr diesel L200 Barbarian instead......love it :cool::cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Maybe the same people getting revenge for when you are in your 3 series ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I am really not a car person, have been forced down the plug in Hybrid route by the company car tax system, TBH I quite like the Outlander PHEV, it’s comfortable, quiet & roomy, the only real moan is the tiny fuel tank which makes long journeys a pain. If I still have a job when it’s up for change later in the year I might go down the crew cab pick up route, but having driven the L200 that my colleague has, it won’t be one of them, way too harsh unless you have weight in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I drive my daughter's Peugeot 107 (essentially same car) and more than once I have left the 'L' plates on
    It's amazing how drivers behaviour changes.
    I get cut up, given the birdie and as you say they drive right up to the bumper.
    I had one guy doing this and he was quite surprised when we were stopped at lights and I got out and waved my finger at him
    My 6'2" and 16 stone frame kinda dissuaded him from continuing

It's amazing how driving a car brings out the chimp in people

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I wouldn't part with my L200 Barbarian - this is my 4th 20180901_122958.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Rather than getting wound up about stuff like this I leave room for them to pass and that way they are then harassing someone else.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yes I do that. Mind you in an Aygo it’s not as if you can race anyone. Although they will beat every mobility scooter away from the lights.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Used to have a sticker in my rear window “The closer you get the slower I go”

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BonnieCat.
    Get yourself a reasonable Support you local Angles club sticker see how that changes people's minds about bullying tactics.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Problem is three fold but not related to you specifically

1. Everyone nowadays has a self given right to do what they want
    2. Speed limits are fuckin ridiculous. Brought in in the 1970's to satisfy an oil shortage at the time. Cars took two weeks to stop in the 70's (British Leyland Allegros were 3 weeks). If the speed limit was realistic then people would adhere more to them. Why is this country so archaic in changing things???
    3. Everyone....get out of the middle lane you cockwits. Congestion leads to anger, leads to tailgaiting. They build 4 lane motorways and still they sit in the second to fastest overtaking lane

Grrrrrrr......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1