How Many Daytona 1000`s & 750`s Are On Here??

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by STIFFLER, Oct 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    As it says, I have one & i see AdieP has one but there must be more!? Ive also done this on Triumph RAT but no replies so far but at least 2 of each on there...So get some photo`s & info on here chaps

Image (3).jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    THAT is LOVELY! Yep, I have a K plate 750 ........

IMG_20210927_115530_LI daytona.jpg

....... and I love it! The small bore triple has a very different character to the 900s - this Daytona handles very well and is surprisingly nimble.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    You are, I think, aware of the two threads titled "1991 Daytona 750 Rebuild" started by @Finlay in March of this year in which he describes problems with a black, damaged 750 that he was intending to strip and rebuild. Neither thread has been updated by Finlay since April so there's a better than evens chance that he did, in the end, decide to 'cut and run'.

One more off the register, perhaps?

We two also posted on a thread started by @John Mac in 2019 and subsequently resurrected (albeit unknowingly!) by @Neil Lambton in April this year, seeking advice on rebuilds of their Daytona 1000s. I'm not sure if either is still actively on the forum. If they are, then the 1000/4's are outnumbering the baby triples!

4. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Hi Adie, Sorry for delay replying but been away with work.

Yep i did see the Finlay thread & was hoping he`d have updates by now. Maybe he has ditched it or just cant get at it to finish it off. I dont get to work on mine for months on end, lockdown was bloody great;).

I was hoping to see more come out of hiding:)