How Long On Paddock Stand/s?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by GuySal, Mar 9, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    Hi Speedy owners!

After messing around with a Warrior rear single sided stand I've gone for the Proworks single arm stand which works great, easier to use / more stable & can be used both sides of the rear wheel!!. I've also got a front headstock stand too.

My question to the forum is - do you guy's use these just for maintenance or do you store over winter etc? I was looking to do both but I noticed some rear single stands state 'not for long term storage' on the item details....

I wanted to lift the tyres off the garage floor for the next winter, but I'm also OK just leaving the bike with the sidestand down & move the bike now & again.

Anyone had any issues on stands long term? Specifically the single sided rear type?

Thanks in advance,

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Not seen a warning like that. I have used one for weeks on end with no bother but I now have an Abba stand set up

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    I keep mine on the paddock stand all the time. Never had a issue.

4. GuySal

GuySal Member

Sep 15, 2021
    Derbyshire, UK
    Thanks for the replies- put my mind at ease! Atb

5. xorbe

xorbe Noble Member

Jan 27, 2021
    CA, USA
    Sounds like legal weasel speak to me to avoid liability from any possible product failure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    765 and 675 on front and rear paddock stands and optimisers throughout winters i.e. months, no issues.

The headstock stands are good if non-abs but on the later abs bikes theres often a conflict with brake pipes where the pin locates; might be worth double checking, especially on any new purchases and factor a normal front stand into your Christmas presents etc somewhere ;)

7. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Mine is on stands all year round pretty much. I just made i adjusted my headstock stand to get my bike as close to level as possible, although my rear stand is not a single swing arm.
    I did have to shop around to get good quality stands as my previous rear one buckled you forget how heavy some triumphs are.

• Funny Funny x 1