How Long Is Reasonable?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hippo-Drones, May 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    How long would you say is reasonable to wait for a bike you ordered?

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    “Triumph haven’t made the bloody thing!”

Are you sure? It is more likely sitting in a container waiting for shipping space from the Far East or in transit on a 29/30 day run afloat. The container then needs de-stuffing and contents re-directed.

Frustrating......but if you had ordered in the depths of winter and were out on it now the same wait would not have been so irksome. We always expect other people to be reasonable based on our own narrow perspectives!!

3. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    My issue is not with how long I was told it would take to get to me, it is how much longer than that date it is taking to get to me when folk who ordered theirs after me get theirs before me from the same dealership. Triumph shouldn't give a date they can't manage to keep. Had I been told it was going to be delivered in June when I ordered it then that would be fine, if it arrived in June. But to be told early April, and it still being nowhere to be seen a month later I am a bit miffed.

Don't get me wrong, delays happen, but Triumph should really be better at communicating that delay to their customers.

When it does arrive I will be over the moon, and probs totally forget that I had a mini whinge here, but I am still frustrated at the mo lol :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Make more of a pain of yourself with the dealer, could be that's what the other customers are doing.

Yonks ago I bought a Bandit 1200 when they were first released, one of the first red ones in the country.
    It was on order for a while.
    The dealer was faffing around, said they had loads of green ones (which I didn't like) come in, but made the mistake of saying they had only got one red one in, but it was allocated to another customer.
    I told them to cancel the order and then picked up my new red Bandit from them two days later :p

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I imagine that there were more orders for white STR's than black ones, and because am going for the low ride height version, even less of them so I do get being last on the list.
    I sold my Ducati to pay for the Triumph and due to the delivery date I was given I took a lot less for it than I wanted ideally to get a quick sale. The Ducati sold to the first person who viewed it, had I known I had another month at least before I needed the funds I'd have possibly put it up for more and would then only have needed to find a couple of hundred quid to make up the difference, instead I now need to make up £1200.
    I think all I needed to do was have a whinge, I'll get over it! :)