Featured How Come

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Duckadiledundee, Jan 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Peasant First Class
    Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    How come I can get a full set of metal fuel connectors for my 2001 sprint st from the United states but here in the heart of the British Empire I can only get one piece of that set from a company called parkers but I can't actually get it because it won't let me order on the internet and I can't speak to anyone on the phone...

I think its total sh#te how things are done here in England....

I may save some pennies up and order this from the states...
    At least the yanks live up to delivery times and so far they have been brilliant with everything
    I think all our American cousins should vote for Donald Trump again as at least he provides parts for my bike..just lower the import tax...

I probably should have put this on rant of the day but I don't know how to transfer it over...

20200117_195855.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Senior Member

Apr 26, 2019
    8 time zones WEST
    Sourcing parts is sketchy no matter where you are. I live in the most populous part of the US. It is said that there are more motorcycles per person here than anywhere in the U.S.. But when I go to Triumph to buy a part, sometimes I have to wait for weeks and still pay a ransom to free it from thier greedy little hands ! I am currently in need of a throttle cable. I wound up sourcing it out of Germany and paying the shipping. That was cheaper then going to those thieves at the Triumph dealer. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

I "think" it was @freck that had a UK source for all the parts you req Duck?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. freck

freck Elite Member
    Subscriber

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I told @Duckadiledundee about Parkers as that’s where I’d got mine from.
    I’m fortunate that they’re not far from me so I collected, and that I only needed the female fittings. Last time I looked, I could only find valved male elbows with a hose barb outlet but I didn’t look too deeply on the website.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Me and @freck already had this conversation...don't know why this post as popped back especially on the front page :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!
    Subscriber

Nov 14, 2018
    Sutherland, uk
    Cos you is such a nice ducky so you is. :)

And we likes your angle grinderer.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Hobnail

Hobnail Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    ooh.. nice fittings you got there.
    Maybe buy some for the RS. Lucifer tends to leak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Duckadiledundee

Subscriber

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak

I ain't got them yet as I have to convince the wife they are necessary and not just cosmetic..I just wish you could buy a set like that here in England...

I like your name for your bike...:)

• Like Like x 1