Hot Off the Press... New Speed Triple!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by JimDiesel, Mar 7, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Although its been rumoured for a year or so.... Now we start to see evidence...
    Sadly MCN quote triumph as saying the 1215cc engine is not suitable for the new speed T ...
    Tweeked n tuned 1050 again then.... They have some big competition this time in the nakeds though...
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Be interesting what they do with the Speed Triple, I for one will be disappointed if they do away with the high level exhausts like they have with the Street; it's part of the bikes distinctive look.
    I also hope they do not add loads of electronic stuff like rain modes and traction control, had them all on my Ducati Multistrada and it's just stuff to go wrong. Keep it simple for me, more power would be nice but not if it sacrifices reliability

• Like Like x 3
  3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    #3 JimDiesel, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    Anyone else heard any more regarding a new speed triple???

I think Rich, that the low center of mass is definite... i.e low level single exhaust.... The fact the the current model has had the LE and Se models come out signify change looms...

I know someone who had to go out to some race track in Spain to do some work and he saw several Speed trips being tested with different forks (Different rake angles) and ABS systems being tested....

I Think the 1200 explorer engine is definitely out of the project but they may go for squeezing another 25-50cc out of the current triple engine.... Based on the street triple i would imagine the love em or hate em bug eyes are here to stay (Shame cos I really like the original triumph twin round eyes..), but I'm keen to find out other plans....

I just hope they don't go for the cast sub frame like the street as I think that's the one bit I'm really not keen about on the new street trip....

The Pic in the MCN at start of thread shows testing with current tank and plastics etc, I reckon they will be the easy face-lift although nothing wrong as they are...
    Time will tell....:rolleyes:

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    No not seen anything but guessed a new one was out soon as they keep bringing out limited editions , and using up old stock...
    They need to get more power out of the lump so may over square it like the new Street & Daytona and lift the rev limit...
    I think they need to aim for 145-150bhp. The new current crop of sport nakeds are going for 165 ish....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Be good if they could raise the BHP of the 1050 engine so long as the don't make it gutless low down.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    I have been told the triple engines respond very well to a raise in compression... More so than an exhaust or any other tuning....
    Raise RPM, shorter stroke for higher revs... Job done...

• Like Like x 1
  7. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yeah see that video and the Bike at the motorshow... Had a Superduke loved it.. Speed is a bit more refined though...

• Like Like x 1