Hot Engine

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KENNY MCLEOD, May 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. KENNY MCLEOD

KENNY MCLEOD New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Glasgow
    Hi guys not long joined I've got a T100 (black) 2015 model, I was out on it at the weekend doing a bit of stop and start town riding then hit the dual carriageway for a wee run , I noticed when I got home how hot the engine was , the bike was running well up and down gears slick . Plenty fuel and oil levels fine you could've fried an egg on the casing. I've not long had the bike got it from a triumph dealer with full service history cheers for any input.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    And?

On an air cooled engine expect the fins/cases to be about 260F/125C but the oil exiting the head to the oil cooler is worst case about 300F/150C and the headers a similar temp. You can often see a slight glow in the dark......

Do you suppose it might be overheating and, if so, why?

• Like Like x 1
  3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Sounds about right mate :)
    Your car engine would be red hot as well but you don’t lift the bonnet and place your hands on to check :confused:
    You just lock the doors and walk away :)
    Do the same with your bike I’m sure it’s fine mate :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sounds all ok, my buggar (Thunderbird 1600) burns my right leg should I rest it on the top of the side casing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. KENNY MCLEOD

KENNY MCLEOD New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Glasgow
    Hi Calumity no I didn't think it was overheating wasn't getting any dash signs but this was the first time I'd actually noticed how hot it was and just wanted some reassurance thanks for the comment mate cheers Kenny