Horn

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Traveler, Feb 8, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Traveler

Traveler Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2023
    Helena, Sweet Home Alabama
    Stock horn sounds like a frog with gas:rolleyes: Can anyone recommend a decent aftermarket horn that fits easily in place of the stock horn? Not really wanting a horn that requires an air compressor however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    The obvious answer is the Denali Soundbomb Mini, but fitting it will require some fettling of brackets, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. CraigHew

CraigHew Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Whitchurch, Shropshire
    I put the (split version) denali onto my Speedmaster onto the stock horn location.
    Great improvement....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    ........plus the split version gives you more mounting options.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. T-Bird

T-Bird Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Prichsenstadt Germany
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Denali Soundbomb split, way better than any electric diaphragm type horn....

IMG_2611.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. WhiteHeat

WhiteHeat New Member

Jan 7, 2023
    Dorchester
    The Denali Soundbomb is better. I have it on my Speed Twin. I have the Denali Soundbomb with compressor on my GS and that’s in a different league altogether!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bill MacFarlane

Dec 2, 2023
    Conder
    #8 Bill MacFarlane, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    I went the Denali split system route as well for my 2009 Speedmaster. You didn't say what model bike yours is so I'm not sure if my experience is relevant.
    I had deleted the air injection which left the perfect amount of space to mount the compressor sideways. I made up an alloy bracket that bolts onto where the air injection valving unit bolted onto...and the Denali compressor bolted to that.
    Of course I read the instructions last and I noticed they recommend the compressor sits upright. I suppose time will tell if I've done something naughty.
    I mounted the horn where the OEM unit did. There was even a spare hook for the relay to hang in - I found a rubber hanger from an unknown donor bike.
    You can't see any of it when the tank is on, and you have to look hard to see the horn unit as it is tucked up high.
    I love it...very loud, sounds almost like a train.

IMG_9611.jpg

IMG_9612.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Sorry, my bike is a '23 T120. Still looking for a less complicated solution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CraigHew

CraigHew Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Whitchurch, Shropshire
    The Denali install isn't complicated in any way.
    If you're looking to simply unplug the oem horn and replace with another then you're back to gassy frogs....

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ivenoidea

ivenoidea Member

Feb 25, 2023
    Essex
    Hi,i have an Fiamm 130db fitted to my street twin fits simply where the Oe horn fits.Looks good sounds very loud less then £30.highly recommend.Good luck.OApete.UK

LOUD HORN.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Traveler

Jun 21, 2023
    Sounds like what I'm looking for!

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. RagenVox

RagenVox New Member

Mar 22, 2023
    USA
    #13 RagenVox, Apr 4, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    Just saw someone mention checking out the Ryobi air horn [thanks!], and that got me thinking - is an air horn a bit much for a daily driver, or is it a safety essential?

Personally, I'm torn. Sure, there's nothing like a good blast of the horn to wake up a sleepy driver at a green light (or maybe a goose wandering into traffic!), but blasting through town feels a bit like riding a motorcycle with a megaphone strapped on.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. FJS

FJS New Member

Dec 20, 2023
    Gua
    I put a PIAA horn on my speed twin 900 and was a plug & play, sounds good enough. Got some ideas for my scrambler here, thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    I removed the single horn on my Thruxton 900, wired in a relay under the seat and fitted the low and high tone black circular horns from Halfords to each side of the bike using the top engine mount bolts. Total cost for 2 horns, reel of black cable, relay and connectors and a bit of heat shrink to cover connectors was about £40.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Creaky

Creaky Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nottinghamshire
    You can just see one of the horns in this pic. They're quite discreet. Hope this helps.

IMG_20230528_181226244.jpg

• Like Like x 1