Honda Vfr800

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by johne, Jul 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    I pulled the trigger on one of these this afternoon. Its a 1999 Pre V tech model with the gear cam drive. I used to own one about 15 years ago and always regretted parting with it. It will join my Thruxton and the Tuono in the garage whilst the venerable Honda CB550 is off to pastures new next month.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Used to have one also,,,,,,in Yella

3. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    It is Red Jack, but it does come with the original seat hump thanks. I'm sure many will have been lost or misplaced over the years so I'd stick it on ebay if I was you. I'm not picking the bike up for a week or so as the seller is away on holiday next week, but I'll post up some pictures when I get it home.

• Like Like x 3
  4. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    all4.jpg Well the VFR has landed! I picked it up this morning and had a very pleasant 60 odd mile ride home getting reacquainted with the Viffer. Previous owners have added things I would've done myself such as heated handlebar grips and an uprated voltage reg/rec, which is a common problem with these bikes. All in all I'm very pleased with it. There's a sporty Remus exhaust can, but I also have a standard one in great condition and the previous owner also gave me a Givi rack which will save me a few quid as a luggage rack was defo on my shopping list. So now I'm lucky enough to have 4 powered two wheelers in the garage, although the CB550 will be saying goodbye and heading North of the Border before the end of the month. :)

• Like Like x 7
  5. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    that 90 deg V4 is still one of the best sounding bikes I have heard, congrats and enjoy playing some tunes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    Thanks guys I've been putting a few miles on the beasty whilst the weather has been so good. I'm loving the bike but I'm still not sold on the linked brakes though. My sisters driveway is all loose gravel and on my other bikes I have no issues there by just using the rear brake only, but I was very tentative there today I obviously don't want to drop the bike when I've just got it. Well of course I don't want to drop it at all.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Nice bike johne.

Never owned one. Had one as a loaner while my sprint was being serviced years ago. Enjoyed it and was impressed by it that much I took it for a blast into Wales. Put about 250 miles on it. Dealer wasn't Best pleased when I took it back later. It was a sale bike not a demo.

Enjoy. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    I managed to dodge the downpours this afternoon, if it stays dry its Thruxton day tomorrow ;)

vfr800.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    I bought some bar risers to ease the pressure on my 60 odd year old wrists. Considering they only raise the bars some 20mm, they make a hell of a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    I will possibly be passing that road sign today on my way back from Bridlington....

11. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Also had bar raisers on mine, proper ones with longer fork caps so the raiser AND the bars were fully clamped. Never noticed any ill effects with the linked brakes tho and everything was working perfectly.

12. johne

Jan 16, 2020

Its bloody windy out on the Wolds this morning mate. Take care on the journey home.