Home Again...thank F***

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Jul 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Well as some of you may know i was due a knee replacement this week...well when in Wednesday at 7.30am and waited until 3.30PM to have the opp spend all Thursday with a numb knee and Thursday night in excruciating pain as i had bleeding in the joint....but nobody told me it was one of the most painful ops going...was completely out of my head on pain killers that where not doing anything for the pain...luckily the one i am on now are not too bad..o_O

Would have hated the physio lady for causing me so much pain...if she wasent easy on the eye and very pleasant...now its just going to be bloody painful full stop as it a case of going through the pain zone...and its noting like one you would go through at the gym...wish me luck and i might be posting some rather grumpy comments.;)

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Good luck with your recovery mate :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I feel for you Tricky, I had a knee op some years ago and had bleeding in the knee so they put a vacuum drain in.
    Next day a nurse came in to change the drain but she didn’t release the vacuum before she started pulling the tube out! I nearly knocked her on her arse :mad:
    And you should have seen me trying to get out of bed to the loo with this bottle of strawberry milkshake attached to my knee :sob:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    To add more injury i think i have managed to break one of my toes on the other foot this morning by somehow getting tangled in one of my crutches ..its now turning a shade of black and blue...but its nothing compared with the pain from my knee....thanks for the well wishes guys its appreciated.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: FFS mate :eek:
    SIT DOWN :mad: and have a drink :yum:p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well I didn’t want you chickening out but having had both done, yup, it’s like being hit by a truck then have him reverse over you and check his power steering. Apparently I am a 24 carat a******e on morphine. I just knew I was ‘uncomfortable’.
    As I have said before, work through the pain and give yourself hell to maximise mobility and long term utility. The short term pain is duller in my memory than the chronic pain before getting the replacements.
    In 10 days you’ll be chiding yourself for being a wimp!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    #6 Callumity, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Maybe be should open a Bionic Chapter for the Titanium Crew. Well ‘ard but lightweight!

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    The wife is as bad as the physios at nagging me to do the exercises even though i can hardly bend the knee...I'm sure she is getting a kick out of making me do painful exercises...I'm not normally a wimp .......but this experience has made me reconsider that perhaps i might be.:(

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Get better soon mate, I feel your pain, from another wimp,lol.
    A couple of days and you will be fine if youre like my mate was when he had his knee done.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Flex, flex, flex! I know you feel like Long John Silver with the peg leg on fire but don’t wimp out or you won’t maximise the coming benefits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    Ow ow ow. This is not reassuring. I'm waiting for the call for both knees replacement - thence my id - Flay, (for those who have read 'Titus Groan')

• Like Like x 2
  12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The best pre op preparation is watching the YouTube video. Viewer discretion and a barf bag is advised.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Get well soon,Tricky! Marathons don't run themselves you know!:eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hope you feel better soon.......

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Unfortunately it never did have a pain killing effect for me...apart from the fact that i gave it up years ago as the rubbish thats around today is just not the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Get well soon, bummer about the pain but sure it will be worth it :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    No pain .... no gain. It's never going to be easy - obviously - but, as others have said, to get the maximum long term benefit you have to go through the (hopefully) short term hell. I do hope the pain is short lived and that the long term benefits are very soon taken for granted!

Speedy recovery and best wishes, TD.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I agree mate, I tore my cruciate ligament & damaged the cartilage when competing at Moto-Cross, this was back in late 1980's when things were done a little different to now. These days they get everything moving again very quickly, I had 3 months in full leg plaster, when it came off, the muscles round my knee had wasted away, bending it was absolute agony, it took a lot of physio and pain to get full movement back. The no pain, no gain comments are very true, much as you don't want to hear it, you'll have to grit your teeth & get the physio done. :sweat:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Although i am used to the no pain no gain scenario this one is soul destroying as the more i move it the stiffer and more painful it becomes and the movement that i had achieved yesterday or the day before becomes even less today..bloody catch 22

The wife thinks i am expecting too much too soon as its only five days since the surgery but i am an impatient bugger.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I feel your pain mate, stick in there..........

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Stick at it mate, on the plus side, you are 5 days post operation & have started on the rehabilitation, it will improve, not as quickly as you would like but you'll get there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Pedro1340

Pedro1340 Senior Member

Jan 31, 2018
    .Glasgow
    Your taking you pain meds wrong,,wash them down with a glass of zacapa 23,,,pain free in no time ,,,,

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    I had a new knee about 6 years ago, No pain or creaking now but i haven't got the full bend i had. so my only advice is the more bend you get now the less trouble you will have putting your socks on :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. Tricky-Dicky

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    The toe is looking a bit less black and more purple today but the other foot swelling doesn't seem to go down...the knee itself doesn't look too bad IMO swells more during the day but goes down a bit at knight..pics for those that like that sort of thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2