Speedmaster Highway Pegs

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Fork Lock, Mar 3, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I posted this over in the tech forum and got no bites. Thought I'd try over here where it might be more Speedmaster specific.

At some point I may go with highway bars, to which I can add pegs on my 2018 Speedmaster. Right now I'm looking for highway pegs that I can attach directly to the frame that will come out far enough and clear the exhaust pipe.

I've looked at a lot on line, some of them have what lools like a 45 degree bend in them, but I can't be sure they'd clear the pipes, come out far enough and not be at an awkward angle.

Does anyone have this type of setup?
    How does it work out?
    Whare can the hardware be gotten?
    Pictures if you do, please.

2. HappyAl

HappyAl Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
  3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I don't think anyone makes bars like that anymore. In the "old days" guys used to make them out of square bar stock and have them chromed. Quite often they would be heated, then twisted to form a spiral before plating. Back in the days when people had shop skills, and we did most everything ourselves. A style, long gone. ...J.D.

4. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    They were a stock option for the Highway release model.
    I have checked World of Triumph and pegs and highway bars (sit in front of pipes mounted to forward peg bar) are available but not the peg attachments. (partsA9750850) Hopefully you can source in US :cool:

8B85D51B-1B0B-4BEB-8094-36863BB5ACEF.jpeg

EE8DDC7A-E163-4A69-967E-62B9ECDA7D78.jpeg

5. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Highway Inspiration kit

0FEA4362-F6D0-405C-9F82-C2B9D05A930E.jpeg

6. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I tried to Mickey some up using generic adapters and my old pegs, but couldn’t get the fit right on the frame.
    I have the smaller dresser bars to mount my daylight LEDs, but crave some highway pegs, so will revisit soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The "Dresser Bars" Triumph makes are really pretty useless. They need to extend out on the sides a lot further. It would look a lot better and if you put highway pegs on them, it would keep your legs away from the engine heat. ...J.D.

8. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Well, stay tuned. I ordered a set of highway pegs. It looks like the collar that usually attaches to the highway bars just may go on between the radiator and fit on the down tube. I will post to let y'all know if they fit up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    The highway pegs arrived. I was able to mount them on the bike. The only way I could do so was to reverse them and put them on the frame's down tubes, just under the lower radiator supports. The radiator and its supports kept me from doing it any other way.

Does it work? Meh...sorta. They are made to be fitted to crash bars, so they don't come out away from the bike very far at all. They miss the exhaust pipe by 1/4 inch and the front tire by about an inch when they are folded up and the tire goes to full lock either way. Plenty of tire clearance when they are deployed. I'm 6'2" tall and the riding position on the Speedmaster is just a bit cramped for me. What they allow me to do is rest my heel on them and give my legs a little stretch. My boot is about an inch away from the exhaust pipe. No heat was felt, but it was just a short test ride.They'll allow me to extend my legs when I'm out riding in the hinterlands. I wouldn't use them around town. If I had to brake or downshift suddenly, I would lose a split second moving off the pegs to the controls.When I get around to installing crash bars, I'll move them there. This will do for now.

1.jpg 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks @Fork Lock that has inspired me to have another go at fitting.
    Last time they sat over the brake and shifter pedal, so no good