Highway Code Rule 258

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yorkshireman, Jul 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yup, a year ago or so
    When the smart motorways were getting completed, I was driving back from oop tnorth at about 2 am and 3 of the 4 lanes on the motorway had the red crosses on them so I moved out to the outside lane and after around 5 miles moved back to an inside lane as there were cars up my arse and undertaking, there was nothing going on in the inside lanes. After about another 5 miles the end signs came up and all went back to normal with no apparent hazards on the motorway, later I got a letter with a photo of my car stating there wouldn’t be s prosecution but asking if there was a reason I’d ignored the warning signs. So I guess it was an excercise to see what effect they had. So yes they will be enforced by cameras and you can bet your life there will be hefty fines.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Rule 259 is an intetesting one. I'm constantly amazed on how many drivers just barge onto the motorway, often forcing the traffic on the motorway to take evasive action. Makes my blood boil......

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I use the m25 daily and yes they do give out points for the Red Cross