Tiger Explorer High Level Sat Nav Mounting Bracket

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by David Gower, Mar 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Gower

David Gower Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Warminster, Wiltshire, Uk
    #1 David Gower, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    I have had my XRT since 2019, on purchase it came with an older Garmin Sat Nav. Triumph Newcastle did the install and had taken power from the rear light cluster and ran the power cable forwards.
    On my purchase I bought the Triumph handlebar mount for my Garmin Zumo Sat Nav.
    It's worked fine on the day to day and tours that I've covered. But recently I have been thinking the Sat Nav could be better placed above the clocks.
    After searching on here and Youtube, I found the Evotech Performance high level bracket for the 2018 > XRT.
    Great service from EP. The bracket arrived within 2 day.s Thank you EP.

The instruction pdf is nothing to sing about, but the process is pretty simple. My biggest initial concern was "did I have enough slack in the power cable to move the position". That answer was YES (Thankfully) as I had coiled up the excess cable on my initial install <phew>.

So, windshield off, and fuel tank side/front covers and black infill side covers off, oh and the black cover around the headstock also. Remove the 2 attachment bolts and slide the fuel tank back about 2" leaving everything attached. This gives you access to underneath the through the tank for the power cable to sit just alongside the airbag inside the frame.

I attached the power cable along the headstock and up the side of the TFT screen. Funnily enough I hadn't clicked the sat nav would rise and fall with the electric screen (D'oh!!). Once that light bulb effect turned on , I made sure to have enough cable slack for the screen in its highest position.
    The bracket itself attaches to the 4 windshield bolts. These are a tad short once you put the bracket on, but I'll keep an eye on them.
    Fitting the satnav holder to the high level mount was straight forwards. EP supply lots of bits and bobs (and extra bits) to get the job done.

Now the job is completed. I'm super happy with the new position. I've ordered a Ram ball mount to attach to the Triumph handlebar bracket so that I can use that position for the phone mount in a horizontal position. I was, till recently using the phone mounted vertically off the handlebar by the clutch reservoir (very cluttered, but usable in my opinion).

0742CFD1-10F8-4DB6-B1F4-9D301F204202.JPG

642E26B9-7E66-421A-A10F-33E1BC066D5B.JPG

0153B696-8E8C-4741-B697-AEDF98B0C904.JPG

IMG_7228 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 1