Hi from sunny Miltyon keynes

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by chris, May 10, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chris

chris New Member

May 10, 2013
    Hi all,
    just bought a 2000 Sprint ST 955i complete with hard luggage - after two years on an SV650S i thought it was time to grow up a little and get a proper bike !
    Trader is going to service it, and replace the rear shock (bit soft) and hopefully I pick it up next week ! Just one thing ... I notice it comes with a datatool alarm, which I see does not have a good press on here ... !
    Cheers
    Chris

2. chrispy

chrispy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Salisbury,wiltshire
    Hey Chris welcome to the forum

3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Hi Chris, welcome to the nut-house. With the age of your bike I'm guessing you might have a Datatool 3 instead of the 4. If so, you shouldn't have any problems (based on personal experience). Datatool 'upgraded' to the 4 and basically fucked up a very good alarm/immobiliser. You know the old adage 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'? well datatool ignored this. I guess I'm just trying to say don't worry unduly. :smile:

4. chris

chris New Member

May 10, 2013
    Thanks Chrispy and Brybrem

no idea if its a datatool 3 or 4 - guess I'll find out when I pick it up, but you've eased my mind a little brybrem, thanks !

Does anyone know if there are forum bike stickers available, a bit like the business cards that left are on bikes ?

DOH !
    Just seen the "FORUM STICKERS" Thread .... specsavers here I come ...

5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Hi Chris & welcome to the forum :smile:

6. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    They even do them in 'teeny-weeney' size so Jim can stick them on his nob, for some bizarre reason! dunno_smilie.gif

dunno_smilie.gif

• Like Like x 3
  7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Sunny Milton Keynes... you allowed to put them words in the same sentence? hope the bike purchase goes well...
    So welcome to the forum... We promise Jim wont actually show you his small sticker collection....:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  8. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Wtf???

• Like Like x 2
  9. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Good evening Jim,

The tongues have been wagging about your LITTLE secret in your absence. Lol :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I found where it's come from you bunch of nooobs!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hi Chris welcome to the forum, nice choice with the Sprint, plenty more power then the SV 650. As for it being a more grown up bike; you won't find many grown ups on this forum, plenty of juvenile old gits though:upyeah:

Just a personal opinion on alarms (in general) they ain't nothing but trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum

13. chris

chris New Member

May 10, 2013
    Morning all .. if nothing else, this forum has proved to me that care in the community really does not work lol :wink:
    I'm hoping that the purchase goes OK, cant wait to get my hands on it !!

• Like Like x 1
  14. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Welcome to the forum mate!!

15. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Care in the community is great, i use to be locked up 23 hrs a day in a padded cell now im free & able to roam the streets :smile:. I still hear the little voices in my head but they rarely tell me to do bad things these days :wink:

• Like Like x 3
  16. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Nowadays do they say things like "slow down your going too fast" and "ooh looks a bit nippy out there it might rain" ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Speed is overrated, not the narcotic type... Thats superb :smile: Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.... It just happens that my guardian angel rides a mobility scooter.

• Like Like x 4
  18. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Man I hate those stickers on cars instantly makes you think your following an idiot. I just wish I had thought of the mobility scooter bit! That's very good.

19. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Glad to be of assistance :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  20. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    For once! :tongue: