Hi from Leicester!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by metbandit1, Feb 17, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Hello everyone from myself in Leicester!
    Recently put a deposit down on a nearly new Street Triple R 2012. 1300 miles ex demo, really looking forward to picking her up!
    My bike history is as follows:
    17 - Ninja 250
    18 - k7 gsxr 600
    19 - Suzuki DL-650
    20 - 2012 GSXR 600 Which I got knocked off of 2 weeks ago, which has made me put the deposit down on the triumph. Link to my crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cRmcVYKNNk

I thought I would try a triumph for once considering I only live 4 miles from the factory!!

Anyway cheers for having me, ill post photos of the new bike soon.

Met :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    Hi Met,

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your purchase. Look forward to seeing the pictures :upyeah:

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Wow just watched your Video, they just turned across and took you out. Guess that was the end of the GSXR?? You will love the Street Triple, the Mrs rides a purple one which I get to play with once in a while. Trouble is at 6' 4" and 17 st I don't fit it very well hence why I ride the bigger Speed Triple. Think out of the 2 bikes I like the Street more; the way it revs, the induction roar and the way you can just throw it about.
    You can not be that far away from me, I often ride a circuit through Ibstock, Hinkley (past the factory) then Twycross and home. My lad (19) also rides a Ducati 620 Multistrada so we all love our bikes. Good luck with the new bike and look forward to seeing some pics.

4. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    The GSXR is indeed no more! It had £5500 worth of damage including mild frame damage.

Today should be the day I pick the triple up!!

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    At least you have no low RPM run in, good luck with the bike and enjoy.

6. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Well thats my insurance purchased....ill be picking the bike up around 12 hopefully!

7. MADMAN69UK

MADMAN69UK New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Derbyshire
    Fancy seeing you here... :biggrin: :upyeah:

We'll have to go for a blast some time. Maybe nab Malc too, since he's up your way I think? :smile:

8. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Well fancy that! It helps we use the same forum names :cool:

How far away are you? Malc is only down the road from me.

9. MADMAN69UK

MADMAN69UK New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Derbyshire
    I'm just a quick stint down the M1, near Derby. We frequent Melton Mowbray quite a bit on ride-outs. Greats roads from Derby/Notts to there :smile:

Ever find yourself over Matlock Bath way?

10. metbandit1

metbandit1 Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I've been over to matlock once, my goal is to go a few times this year hopefully.

11. MADMAN69UK

MADMAN69UK New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Derbyshire
    Feel free to give me a shout if you do head over this way. I can direct you towards some of the great local biking roads :)