Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kali-Ann, Apr 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Ok so I am rather pleased to be on the forum. I am 57 years young and have recently been divorced. I had a bonnie in my younger days gave that up when I got married, now thirty years and four babies later I have decided that I have had enough of being a house mouse and it is time to have some fun again. So I bought a 99 955i that needed a lot of work, I have stripped it down polished the wheels, frame and cases. Now I need some help! Not with the mechanical side, I know my way around a socket set, I can weld paint and I know how a drill works. Basically the plastics are totally finished I have trawled the web but cannot find replica sets and ones in breakers are little better than the ones I have! So my questions are
    1 does anyone know of any replica plastics?
    2 I have seriously considered going the Street fighter route can anyone recommend an evil looking cats eye faring etc?
    Yep I am no shrinking violet! However, I am hoping to find like minded people to meet up with, ralies etc. I was originally looking for another bonnie but the prices are crazy now for a good one (wish I had kept mine now lol)
    Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer me.
    Hope to see you on the road!
    Kali-Ann

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hack Driver

Hack Driver Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Denton, Maryland USA
    Welcome from another new member. You've come to the right place for some good information. Sorry, but I can't help you on your side of the big pond.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Kali-Ann and welcome

4. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Welcome to the Asylum you should fit right in. Too keep the inmates happy we will need photos _20180204_105716.jpg Tucker

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi and Welcome in, sorry can't help with your plastics it might just be a case of keeping your eye on the internet and hope something comes up

6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hi to another youngster!

7. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Hi,
    No problem and thanks for your welcome!

8. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Ha ha! Not the age Hun it's the milage four babies tends to mess with your gears! Thanks for your welcome!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Hiya, never been one of the herd, I will find something that takes my eye even if it means radical surgery to fit it. Thanks for your welcome!

10. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Hi, well my ex husband always said that I was totally cracked! Piccies of me or my bike? Thanks for your welcome!

11. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Welcome to the forum Kali-Ann ....enjoy the banter...:sun::sun:

12. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Thanks Lexy, My ex husband wasn't into bikes and I have missed the left field stuff.

13. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    You might chat to Arnolds Fairings in Stourbridge to see if a refurb is affordable......it is certainly possible.

14. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Ta
    Ta muchly Jack! Maybe I have been away for too long but some breakers seem to want the earth for what is basically crap I don't expect perfect but a hole the size of a grapefruit and more scratches than paint is taking the pi##!

15. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Hey great idea thank you for that I will look them up.

16. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Hi n welcome :) go for the street fighter.

17. Kali-Ann

Kali-Ann New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Thanks for your welcome. I think I will have to original Triumph parts are crazy money! I really wanted to bring the old girl back to standard but that is not going to happen, far too expensive.!

18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome.....
    Wessa

19. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello K-A and welcome to the forum :)

Good luck with your search for some plastics.

20. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Welcome aboard Kali-Ann, hope you're up and running by the time the decent weather eventually arrives.