Hi As A Newbie I Am Requiring Help My Newchurch Bonni Is Poor At Starting When Hot

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chris Hurst, Feb 3, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Hurst

Chris Hurst New Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Rotherham
    Hi, As a newbie i am hoping you guys can help me with my Newchurch Bonneville, the bike starts and runs perfect from cold but say i pull into a garage for fuel when i come to restart her i am getting spitting back and popping noises she does start but it sounds as tho she has been gassed up. Any pointers please??

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Agree with HT, pull out the fake choke knob even if engine is hot and see if that helps. Mine will normally start without doing so but it can run a bit rough until you blip the throttle and clear it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Endorse what the others say, with my 2010 SE.

4. Chris Hurst

Chris Hurst New Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Rotherham
    Thanks guys tried the choke knob out to first notch and she fires up straight away.

• Like Like x 5
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Chris.
    Sounds like you purchased a Female version and you know how temperamental they can be.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Peter Stokes

Peter Stokes Member

Jun 6, 2018
    West Sussex
    I get exactly the same with my Newchurch :(

7. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peter
    Another Female. What you need to do is get some flowers and grovel. Perhaps when in a quite place blow it kisses and talk sweetly to it.
    Regards
    joe

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Peter Stokes

Peter Stokes Member

Jun 6, 2018
    West Sussex
    Joe, this goes no further than you and I ok? I blow kisses at her all the time! I mean it's like I'm dating her after only a couple of weeks, and I've bought her presents and all! :heart::heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Peter.
    My lips will stay stum. I don't want to incriminate myself. But My Tracy is a Nurse well Staff Nurse and I'm sure she could get you a good discount if you wanted that affliction looked at.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2