here we go again

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mixifix, Aug 7, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    had bike back running wonderfull then bang fart take off from standstill errr should i go or not oooo lets go bang this everytime from standstill got back home,looking and feeling back home found crack in rubber to airbox.Right you baskit off with airbox,looked at changing main jet nope already 135 on with cone type pod filter,awwww still get
    bang fart from cold carbs shake then splutter & stop now what ideas on a fag packet please.

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Cracked/leaking carb inlet rubbers?
    Get the engine running and spray the rubbers with 'Easystart' or similar (some would advocate the use of WD40). If the revs pick up then you have perished rubbers.
    Which bike is it? Not that it really matters ... if it's on carbs then they are all similar.

3. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    had new rubbbers 6-8 month ago they had perrished then also one of the maifold intake metal bit had hairline crack in it thought the one the right side gone same changed that i do have some matches some were,its a t100 04 reg

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    The only other thing that comes readily to mind is dirt in the carbs or fuel filters if fitted. May be worth a look. Could even be muck in the bottom of the petrol tank. My Trident often has lengthy periods of idleness due to health issues, both me and t'wife, so I try to make sure that there is always a liberal dose of Redex , or similar, in the petrol to keep carbs etc clean. Seems to have worked so far! :)
    And yes, I am now clutching at straws!! :confused::(

5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    any chance you can type it out so it makes sense,lol?

steve, I am the same as you and use additives,have to say it seems to work

• Like Like x 1
  6. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    sorry for not making sense both the intake rubbers changed also intake manifolds changed the bike is a 04 t100 Bonneville, the matches are captain web will look into the info both sent before anything else many thanks

7. La Roca

La Roca Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Shropshire
    Had a similar problem with my 07 T 100.
    Found that the O ring gaskets either side of the
    Inlet insulator missing. Fitted new ones,now runs fine.

La Roca

8. mixifix

mixifix Active Member

May 7, 2013
    mansfield
    yes thanks checked that redex and carb cleaner bit of a flat spot at 45 -50 ish think carb need syncing many thanks all

9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I had an 04 T100 which ran much smoother after syncing the carbs. Also have you tried cleaning out the little filter which sits in the T - piece at the end of the fuel inlet pipe? Can collect a lot of muck in 11 years!

10. MICK64

MICK64 Active Member

Sep 15, 2020
    NEW FOREST. ENGLAND
    I bought new inlet rubbers from Sprint, Less than a year later, and they were perished to the point of cracking on the outside. Obviously shit Chinese materials.