Sprint Help With St 1050

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Milan156, May 7, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Milan156

Milan156 New Member

May 7, 2023
    london
    I would need help. Yesterday evening I took the motorcycle out of the garage and started it for the first time. The next morning, the bike does not start. The starter turns, the spark plug gives a spark, but the engine does not start. I dismantled the tank and air filter and found one connector that is not connected. Can someone tell me what should be connected there?

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-07 at 11.04.58.jpg

2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hello mate.

I haven't got a Sprint but I'm fairly sure that the plug you've highlighted isn't your problem. It looks like the connector fitted to a lot of triumphs for the export market. I think it's to do with emission regs abroad.

Hope you get sorted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Check the sidestand cut out switch, they can get a bit sticky.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    As the starter motor turns, it's not a sidestand or clutch switch issue, neither the extra plug you found (could be heated grip, or something else)
    I would check the fuel pump relay.
    upload_2023-5-10_11-52-55.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    sorry to state the obvious, but you need three things - spark, fuel and compression. You have spark, so check compression (put your finger over the plug hole and feel for compression (I suspect you do have compression), so it must be fuel. As has been said - check relay. You don't say how long it has been in the garage, but if it has been a while, then also drain fuel tank and refill with fresh fuel (if the old fuel smells of varnish, then it will be unusable). Also unlikely, but if it has been a while, you may have rust in the tank clogging the fuel filter. Good luck!