Help With Lever Swap

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cleve Blouch, Nov 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cleve Blouch

Cleve Blouch New Member

Nov 19, 2021
    Arizona
    I'm swapping out the OEM levers on my 2021 R3GT and need help with removing the OEM pieces - specifically the little plungers that fit into the hydraulics and is attached to the lever base in a circular cutout at the base of the levers. That piece is hiding behind the main part of the lever where the adjusting mechanism is and I can't figure out how to remove it from the lever. I don't want to damage the rubber dust boota or anything else and I need help. The same situation exists on both the brake and clutch levers. Thanks in advance.

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    they are part of the levers , you need to buy new levers with those projections !!! they are the plungers which push the pistons in the Hydraulic master cylinders for your Hydraulic Clutch and Brake !!!

3. Cleve Blouch

Cleve Blouch New Member

Nov 19, 2021
    Arizona
    I figured it out, and the plungers actually do separate from the OEM levers. After you remove the levers (remove bottom nut and unscrew the mounting pin). You simply drive the mounting pin bushing out of the lever base and that separates the two pieces, and the plunger then slips out of it's pocket and is reused in the new after-market lever. The brake and clutch levers come apart and go back together the same way. There's a small spring captured between those two pieces, so if you intend to save the OEM levers watch for it and save it. The tricky part is getting the plunger inserted back into the small rubber dust boot, but it's doable. I had a 1050 Tiger that was designed very similarly and I put Pazzo levers on it - I guess in the intervening years I forgot how they came apart. Anyway, all is good and the new levers look and work great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1