Help! T595 Stuck Clutch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Guztaw, Jan 26, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    I recently performed and now the clutch won't disengage (when putting the bike into gear it jumps and stalls). I have tried to get it unstuck with some simple tricks I found on YouTube but nothing worked. I tore the bike down again, picked the clutch plates off and put them in an oil bath, making sure every plate got coated well. I later assembled it back together and the clutch still doesn't work. I have gone trough the mechanic book several times and everything is fitted the right way. Any suggestions?

Thanks

3F4408AF-ACEB-48D5-AC85-80D1A8BED2B9.jpeg

2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Broken / frayed cable?

3. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Wish it was that simple... The cable is intact and correctly adjusted!
    Cheers

4. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    If it's not disengaging the problem must be with the actual lifter shaft assembly surely??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    100066554-0-2.jpg
    Are you loading the spring when you assemble part 19?

6. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Very good tips! The clutch feels and looks to be functioning properly! When I release the clutch lever it snaps back like it should. If I look down the oil filling hole I am able to see the clutch move...

7. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    How was this discovered, had you been working on it? Had it been sitting?

8. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    .....and what does "performing" involve?? Could you have broken something internally?

9. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    In the end of last summer my clutch springs broke. I have done alot of maintenance this winter including dropping the motor and replacing seals. During this time the clutch sat dry for about 3 months... Now that I've got it all together I tried going for a shake down ride around the block and I couldn't even get rolling. When having the back wheel raised off the ground I can shift into gear (the gearbox is OK). I have had the clutch apart three times now and still no progress...

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Typo, should be: "recently performed a clutch replacement".

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Clutch does not engage at all

• Binding in linkage or cable due to corrosion
    • Bent linkage
    • Seized slave cylinder
    • Seized throw out bearing
    • Failed pressure plate diaphragm
    • Failed friction plate

12. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Sorry, a bit of an aside, but have you removed the sump and made sure it is completely clear of bits of broken spring? I mention this because my bike suffered broken springs and a bit of spring found it's way into the oil pump shattering it and requiring an engine strip!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    Hi! Yes! I dropped the motor out of the frame and made sure the gearbox was not damaged! While doing that I removed fragment of broken springs!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    That is the logical conclusion. The problem is in the actuator.

It sounds like the vertical rod is not engaged with the lifter pin. The clutch lever will operate under the resistance of the cable spring (albeit more easily) but the clutch will remain clamped by its own springs. Having it apart three times (we’ve all been there!) simply means repeating the same mistake/oversight......

15. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    Aye, but he said the clutch feels normal and he can see the plates move when looking down the oil hole, so a bit stumped really.

16. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    As the kind sir "gladtobebackontwowheels" said: the clutch operates like normal and I'm able to see the plates move when looking down the oil hole. Thanks for the input tho! I'm out of ideas...

17. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    How confident are you that the plates were re-fitted in the right order?

18. Guztaw

Guztaw New Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Sweden
    With the new clutch I ordered I got new plates, installed them in the same order they came in. Today I tried the old plates in the same order they came out. (Yes, the first and last plates are the correct ones) Even if I I misplaced a few plates the clutch would still work right? Might slip or something but wouldn't be completely faulty?

19. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The steel plates may be slightly different thicknesses and not interchangeable and are the tabs on the outer plate offset to the rest? I am not familiar with your particular clutch but they are pretty similar.

20. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    And a completely wild thought....... are you sure it is not the ignition safety lock out? Trying to engage gear with a defective switch will give you a jolt and a stall.......