Help! My Alarm Won’t Stop...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ryanMIL, Sep 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ryanMIL

ryanMIL New Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Kirkby Mallory
    Hi,

I gave my 2011 Speed Triple a wash this evening and I’m guessing that some water has got in somewhere.

When I went to put it away, the key wasn’t registering in the ignition. I’ve just put it in the garage and the alarm is chirping every second. If I remove the key from the ignition, the alarm starts to sound properly.

I can’t deactivate it with the fob (although the fob seems to be fine because the LED illuminates).

I looked under the seat for the first time (the bike is fairly new to me) and can’t find the battery either. It’s behaving like the battery is dead which may also be a possibility because I accidentally left the ignition on for an hour or so whilst I cleaned it.

Any suggestions as to what I can try?

2. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Earplugs :D just kidding try holding transponder key for 10 seconds - some systems cancel.

3. ryanMIL

ryanMIL New Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Kirkby Mallory
    Thanks, no worky!

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    The battery is under that plastic cover in front of the fuel tank. If you’ve left the ignition on for that long whilst cleaning the bike it could well have dropped to a low voltage and be causing the alarm to trigger (don’t have an alarm on mine so can’t compare experience) Give the battery a good charge, that’s the starting point (pun not intended).

5. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Out of interest - were you using a pressure washer?

6. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Disconnect the battery and put it on charge.
    Is it a Datatool alarm by any chance.
    They don't like low voltage

7. ryanMIL

ryanMIL New Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Kirkby Mallory
    I think it’s a factory alarm - it’s got a Triumph fob. Yes, I did use a pressure washer but the battery connections seem bone dry.

8. stollydriver

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Had it once on a Hayabusa - found water had bridged the main harness. Dried with compressor and problem stopped. Now avoid any areas of electrical connection with pressure washer.

9. ryanMIL

ryanMIL New Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Kirkby Mallory
    It was a flat battery!

I’ve just connected it to a car battery and it’s got the ignition off and disabled the alarm.

I must buy a trickle charger...

Thanks all for your help

• Like Like x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1