Help Help Help

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Lucas humphreys, Feb 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lucas humphreys

Lucas humphreys New Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Manchester
    Hi can anyone help I've been at it two weeks my headlights are randomly coming on full beam when the key is out and left in the off or steering lock position i thought I'd left the parking light on but I haven't I spoke to triumph they advised the starter selanoid Ive replaced that to no joy it can be as soon as u turn it off or it can be parked for an hour then pop there bk on its knackered my old battery I've out a new one on which it's also wiped out I have no idea what it could be only had the bike 6 months

Tia

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    That's a really weird one, I don't think it has been brought up on here before . Clearly there is some kind of short circuit somewhere and I'm not sure what I'd do if it was my bike other than removing each fuse one at a time in an attempt to find out which circuit was causing the problem. Best of luck.

3. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Only thing that springs to mind is which way are the headlight relays fitted ?

Are they fitted with the pins facing upwards ?
    If so theres a possibility that there's water inside.

If theyre not fitted with the pins facing down I would alter the mount to eliminate that possibility

4. Lucas humphreys

Lucas humphreys New Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Manchester
    I have a block of 5 relays under my seat all facing pins down my next one was replacing every relay till the fault stops have no idea what else to try

5. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Duff ignition switch?

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Im thinking ( so dont hold your breath) similar to wishbone, connectors around the yolk or ignition switch.
    What about the rest of the lights ?
    Does the rear light come on?

7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Check wiring loom around headstock area, not common these days but years ago I had a SprintST 955i with similar problem, was a broken wire caused by loom being too tight on full lock.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I agree with Col C
    I have a 2010 Sped Triple (my second) and the wires under the ignition barrell can rub bare
    If they are exposed this could start all sorts of gremlins in your electrics

Move the handlebars left to right and see if the wires in the area under the ignition barrell are rubbing, check closely for any worn cables

• Agree Agree x 1