Helmet To Trophy Se

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Blacktruck, Oct 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    For several years I have used a Sena system for helmet to helmet communication. Now with the new bike I am looking for advice on getting a system to integrate with the bike radio. I haven't tried to pair it up with the bike yet and since it is about 7-8 years old, I'm possibly looking to upgrade. I ride solo now and the helmet to helmet comms aren't really important.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome....... When I had my Trophy SE I used a cardo G9 which worked fine with the bike. Cardo have numerous variants of sets for communications. Here is their web site:

https://www.cardosystems.com/products/

Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blacktruck

Blacktruck Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Texarkana, TX
    Thanks Wessa.
    Not sure why other than just not having been in the market for one in a long time but I have never heard of that brand. The website looks pretty good and the units have more functionality than the Sena. I have been loosely considering a new lid too so maybe it is time to upgrade the helmet and comm system together. I appreciate the response.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Go for it........

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dawie Viljoen

Dawie Viljoen Member

Oct 23, 2019
    Randfontein, South Africa
    Good Day, I have a Trophy SE 2015 and we are 4 couples that ride together all over the country. We also have eight Cardo Pack Talk intercomms on firmware level 5.2. We are only using the DMC mode as the noise levels are very low and the capabilities of the system is wonderful. I've paired the Trophy's radio with the our Packtalk sets. It works perfect but there is a trick to it. we have managed to be more than 2kms apart and still be able to talk to each other. The Cardo Connect app works well. My phone is mounted between the handlebars and I control all the functions from the app. Pairing in DMC mode is a breeze and never to be set again. We regularly ride for very long trips and the intercom batteries have lasted for 9 hours and more. We love them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dawie Viljoen

Dawie Viljoen Member

Oct 23, 2019
    Randfontein, South Africa
    I just wanted to add that we have upgraded to the JBL speakers and that makes a huge difference.

• Like Like x 1