Helite Airbag Jacket Or Vest

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Oldfart, Dec 28, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Oldfart

Oldfart Senior Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Staffs Moorlands
    If anyone has any Christmas money left and is looking to purchase a Helite Airbag Jacket or Vest I've been sent a £50 off link.

PM me for the link.

Oldfart

• Like Like x 3
  2. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Got one of their vests in the summer - not needed it in anger yet, but glad I got it. Seems a well-made bit of kit.

DS

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I have a discount code too....so feel free to message me as well!

As I've said elsewhere in this forum, I am not a walking advert for Helite necessarily but I do think that they provide the best inflated coverage of airbag vests. I find it curious that review/comparison sites do not look at the "inflated coverage" as a variable.

I will be the first to admit that the Helite is NOT the best looking jacket when not inflated, but I do think provides the best lower back, hips,.kidney coverage when inflated.

Having said that, there are far nicer looking jacket s to be worn, but they don't have the same inflated cover.

Not a judgement,.merely an observation.

ATGATT... Ride safe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ddodge80

Ddodge80 New Member

Jan 17, 2021
    Pacolet sc
    Has anyone used one?
    I mean while in a accident i am curious as to how effective they actually are.
    I didn't know they existed untill recently.
    And is something i wouldn't have considered untill now either.
    However i am just getting over a broken collar bone. After hitting a deere on my bike

5. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    I haven't used one in an accident personally, but I have done a reasonable amount of 'research' and am not aware of anyone that feels, in an accident, it didn't help.

• Useful Useful x 1