Speedmaster Heel Guard Fell Off Speedmaster

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by brown mouse, Jan 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    #1 brown mouse, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    When out riding just before Christmas I heard a rattling coming from the bike, which had stopped by the time I found a safe place to pull over. On examining the bike I found that the heel guard had come off my silencer and I couldn't find it after a couple of rides up and down the road. (Heel guard is the triangular piece in the centre of this pic...)

heel-guard.png

With the forward controls on the Speedmaster, the guard is superfluous but without it there are some ugly mounting parts exposed on the silencer. So last week when passing near the dealers I popped in and asked if this was covered under warranty. Turns out it was, however the guard isn't available as a separate part and so today they fitted a whole new silencer! Seems crazy, but whilst the guard is available as a separate part for the Bobber (in brushed stainless, or black) the chrome Speedmaster part isn't. Which for something that is only held on with a single bolt, and not very securely, seems like a serious omission. (Nobody is going to pay the small fortune needed for a new silencer to get a heel guard).

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Seems a bit strange does that........

3. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Complete madness.

4. walob

walob Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Westcliff on Sea
    Get one of the others and get it chromed....happy days!