Heated Grips - 2010 Model

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Fastmonkey, May 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fastmonkey

Fastmonkey New Member

May 24, 2019
    Surrey
    Hi Everyone

1st post here, just got myself a speed triple, one of the last round headlight 2010 models. Absolutely loving it, but the morning commute was a little chilly on the hands.

Is there an official triumph heated grip retro fit available for this model year, if not what are the best aftermarket options people are running, I don't want a big ugly control panel !

Cheers

2. Fastmonkey

Fastmonkey New Member

May 24, 2019
    Surrey
    I'd rather have cold hands than that massive control box !

I used to have some datatool ones on an old bike that had very descreet controller, but I can't find them for sale anymore.

ANy other suggestions.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

The triumph ones work very well :)
    I have them on my Speedmaster :cool:
    They’re not cheap though :(
    But they don’t have the control box that other ones have just a very discreet button on the left grip....off and two heat settings :)
    Check with a dealer how much for supply and supply and fitting :confused: and then you’ll have a better idea just how ugly the control box is :p
    I had Oxford ones on my Fazer and they were very good also :)
    Ugly/cheap didn’t bother me :cool:

4. Fastmonkey

Fastmonkey New Member

May 24, 2019
    Surrey
    Spoke to my local triumph dealer, they said they don't do an oem heated grip for my year of triple :-(

Currently investigating heated gloves...........

• Like Like x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Got them as well :)
    Much much better than heated grips but a Feckin royal pain in the arse running the wiring through your jacket :mad:

6. Fastmonkey

Fastmonkey New Member

May 24, 2019
    Surrey
    I'm thinking of the Gerbing or rst battery ones as most of my riding is less than an hour...........

7. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s Gerbing that I’ve got :)
    If it’s just for commuting and you use the same jacket all the time then I would recommend tying/Velcro or something to keep it in place as when you put on or remove the jacket the bloody wiring snags and follows your arms in and out of the sleeves :mad:

But they are good :)