Haven't Been Here For A While. Now I Popped In

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Mar 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Pretty much of bikes at the present. Around the time I stopped posting I was knocked of my street triple by an idiot who hit me twice while I was passing him. First knock I survived and got the bike right again the second knock sent me and the bike flying. Now the real thing that has really pee'd me of is Carole Nash use a firm called Bike Assist and god help bikers that get this firm. They made me at fault right from the start. I had two witnesses and they didn't even contact the police to get the information just stating that my legal expenses would not cover it and I have to do this on my own which I tried but as we know the police won't release that information to an individual. Just pee's me of I pay for fully comp insurance with all the legal and recovery bits included yet it is as useful as pissing into the wind. These Bike Assist bods just don't want to know. I agree I passed the car in a dangerous place but when I did pass the area was clear and you can see the bike three quarters past the car had the idiot not have hit me. But as I say I am of bikes at present other than the honda i need for work. I can't wait till I retire then I can get rid. Well thanks for listening to my rant. And if you ever get which I pray you don't but if your insurance says Bike Assist just hold your hand up as you are guilty.
    Joe.

• WTF WTF x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Hope you didn't get hurt Joe. Seems like the only way you can get the police to respond is to say that you smell the alcohol on the other driver's breath, or claimed an injury. Police can't be arsed by legal proceedings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Sorry to hear your bad news Joe, barstards don’t deserve the work and you should be able to choose your recovery agent :mad: best wishes mate, I’ll have a prayer for you

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Oh no! Thats terrible news Joe. How about you, are you hurt at all?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @joe mc donald

Joe, I'm very glad to see you back on the forum but so upset that you are continuing to have to deal with the ramifications of this accident. How awful what's happening with the insurance. Bike Assist sounds like they are the exact opposite of being of assistance. :mad::mad: I do hope that your injuries have healed. Hang in there and I'll continue to send up prayers for you, my friend. :heart:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    That's shocking Joe. These firms have no scruples at all, it's all about money.:mad: Main thing is you are still here to moan about them :grinning:
    Best wishes to you and family Joe. X

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    So sorry to hear of your accident Joe. The main thing is that you weren’t badly injured mate.

It really is annoying and frustrating that you pay good money for a service and you end up getting crap when you really need them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    That's not great sir.
    Even having 2 witnesses doesn’t seem to help with them solving it so their office isn’t exactly filled with Sherlock holmes types me thinks.
    I've just renewed with carole nash so i'm going to be doing some serching about now as I have 9 days left to cancel the renew.
    Best thing is, you’re ok.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Sorry to hear of this Joe but glad that you are OK. Bloody insurance companies really p*ss me off! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Thanks Joe for the feedback on The insurance company. I will also definitely avoid them.

Hope you recover quickly and get this horrid experience behind you ASAP.

• Like Like x 2
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thanks peeps for the encouragement. I am pretty much back to full strength again. And didn't get hurt all that much just between my shoulder blades so I have started building up the area with weights. And I was merely disappointed that a great insurance firm like Carole Nash would use a firm like this Bike Assist. I said right from day one to get the info all they reply is your legal expenses don't cover it. I even had one fantastic Lady who drove past then went around the Castle Hill roundabout and returned to tell the police she witnessed every thing and saw the car hit me twice exactly what I had said. But I am just going to get on with things as the case is now lost thanks for bike assist. Yes I did pass in a dangerous place but when I passed there was no central island and my route was clear. But don't see it that way apparently. But thanks for all you kind words.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    What horrible news, Joe. But I'm glad you're nearly back to normal and not suffering any lasting ill effects. Stay strong brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chubzilla

Chubzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2020
    Black country
    Glad your OK, well as OK as can be and sorry you had to go through this crap, alot of insurers are a joke and we pay enough for them to try to wiggle out paying at every opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Yes peeps I am back on the bike and still a bit nervous but getting back to enjoying it again. Thanks for all the support.
    Joe

• Like Like x 10
  15. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Good to hear from you although I wish it was better news. This is why I hate insurance companies. I write my lawyers number on my insurance card just for such occasions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Glad you're ok Joe. I suspect that because, as you freely admit, you passed in a dangerous place the legal argument would be that the driver would not reasonably expect a vehicle to overtake in that location and the lawyers would have no legal leg to stand on regardless of extenuating circumstances. I don't mean to be unsympathetic just trying to look at it from a non biased legal objective :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lou160487
    Thanks yes I am better now. Starting lifting some weights again to build up the shoulders and get rid of the pain. But good again.
    Joe.

18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Helmut Visor
    No its good to hear the both sides of the story and I accept I would not nesseserally pass where I did. So a little bit of my mind says that was a stupid move on my part. But I have just moved on now and want it all over and done with.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Littleade
    That's good advice and I am going to take that leaf out of your book and in future I will be using your team but hopefully not needing them. Yes you are right it was getting me down and affecting my riding. So like you said i am going to take this one on the chin and get on with the things I enjoy. Thanks for the good advice mate.
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Vulpes
    I been meaning to say thanks so now i am on here thankyou Brother.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1