Tiger 800 Have You Upgraded Your Rear Suspension?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by BritMickUSA, Jan 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    I've gone backmany pages & other than how to adjust the standard rear suspension, no one has mention ditching the standard 2011-2016 800 ABS/Roadie versions rear shocker for something better!

Any info anyone, & obviously as l'm a bloody northerner I want it to be as cheap as chips!!!:rolleyes:

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Have a look at www.hagon-shocks.co.uk to see if they can help. They list a distributor in San Marcos, California which may be useful. I have a rear shock of theirs on my Trident which has given many years/miles of service with no problems. It was rebuilt some 5-6 years ago with a very quick turn around. And it performs better than the original ever did!!:cool:

Now ..... about these chips. Fried in oil:( or (as they should be) beef dripping:grinning:? We need to know. Little details can be important!:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    Unfortunately l only make overn chips at home, but the steak house we go to does them in oil,,,,,,no dripping over here unless it's been raining!!!

Anyway, back to the shocker, I did look at Hagon but they don't seem to have the reservoir attached on the Tiger option so l'm wondering if (at not much extra cost) l should try a Wilbur???

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you looked on the tiger800 forum? Try here and do a search there’ll be some useful info

• Like Like x 1
  5. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    Thanks mate, the *Nitron shocker company have got good write ups on that forum so l've just flirted them off an e mail asking prices & what they have to suit my riding style minus VAT but to include postage & packing.

* nitron.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    At the risk of sounding like a smartarse, I had fitted a basic Nitron to my Daytona 955i when I had it which was a vast improvement - it stopped trying to throw me out of the seat if/when I hit a decent sized pot hole, which was a good thing!
    See here .....

Daytona 955i CE 2002 006.JPG

7. BritMickUSA

BritMickUSA Banned

Jan 12, 2018
    USA
    Why do you think we'd call you a smartarse Steve?
    So you fitted the cheapest version that doesn't have the attached remote cylinder?

8. stevethegoolie

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Indeed. 'Twas all I could reasonably afford/get away with spending at the time. I certainly didn't feel short changed with it though. It did exactly what I wanted so I was a happy bunny!:)
    Incidentally, Nitron shocks are also re-buildable and both Nitron and Hagon will supply them built individually to cope with your weight and useage.:cool:

Smartarse?? Moi?? Shurely shome mishtake.:eek: Just happens that I'd had both makes and didn't want to seem like I'd been there, done that etc.!:worried:

• Like Like x 2