Have I Been Complicit In Exploitation?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Biker Jock, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    IMG_20191127_105400377.jpg So I needed a 'precision' tool and found the very thing on Amazon - £1.29 and free delivery (not via prime). That'll do - buy now... Order dispatched - delivery time FOUR WEEKS! WTF?

It's coming from China! It's coming from China, cost £1.29 and delivery is free. How is that possible without exploitation somewhere along the line - all along the line? Said precision tool arrived today and would have done the job, if I hadn't discovered 3 weeks ago that needle nose pliers work just as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Sadly the way the world has gone, eventually China will make everything and the ROW will be subject to their pricing policy....... I often wonder if we're in some sort of "loss leader" sales game and then with little competition left they can ramp up the prices :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Biker Jock

Biker Jock Senior Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I've no problem buying products with Chinese components. It's how did anyone make that and get it from China to here, all for £1.29? It's not even badly made or poor materials - it works well and feels solid.

Anyone need the back unscrewed from their watch? I'm your man.

• Like Like x 2