Hasleme Motorcycles Hampshire

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by DH88UK, May 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    #1 DH88UK, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    Bought my 07 bonnie from them back in August 2017 and while the staff were friendly and helpful there were a few issues which I wasn't happy with.

Battery was dead when I first looked at it but they jump started it no problem and promised it would be sorted. By sorted they charged the battery, a couple of days later it was flat again so I had to replace it ... Not really sorted when the battery was knackered.

Bike was given a full service and they stamped the service book, oil was as black as they come so I changed the oil and filter myself, even 1000 miles later the oil is less black than after they serviced it, clearly they just stamped the book.

It was also given an MOT but on the ride home my Mrs informed me that either I managed the whole journey without braking or my brake lights didn't work, further investigation finds the rear brake light pressure switch was knackered and the brake lights were on permanently, this could have happened during the 20 mile ride home but it would seem highly unlikely, how it passed a legitimate MOT with that is anyone's guess.

Won't be going back there, lesson learned

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve seen things like this so many times on used bikes. There’s a lot of scheister dealers around who are just out to maximise their profits without any sense of what good service is.
    As you say, the only thing to do is not go back there, and tell everyone you know too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Did you go back and give them what for, as my mum would say

4. DH88UK

DH88UK Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Hampshire
    Nope, figured that they would squirm their way out of any kind of responsibility and the burden of proof would lie with me. I still love the bike, just wouldn't buy anything else from them

• Like Like x 1
  5. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Boils my pee - just MOT'd and no brake light, lucky no one rear ended you. Personally I would of contacted direct Gov inspectorate. Glad you are happy with bike though.

• Agree Agree x 1