Has Anyone Ordered From Carbonfbr

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by musicguyUSA, Apr 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. musicguyUSA

musicguyUSA New Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Dallas, TX USA
    Hello. I'm looking at a couple of products from the company CarbonFBR and was wondering if anyone in the USA has ordered from them? And if so, how was your experience?

http://www.carbonfbr.com/

My concern is with the shipping from GB to the USA. They appear to use the most basic postal service available that will not provide shipment tracking information. I hope I'm wrong. Can anyone confirm how their products are shipped internationally and how long it might have taken to receive your order?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Don't know I'm afraid mate but possibly a question best asked of them directly ;);)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there!
    I can say that their quality is fine and delivery is great too.
    I have ordered from them before and no worries at all.
    However, As i'm not sure about the postage over the pond, I can't answer that i'm afraid.
    If you call/email them first, they might do tracking if you ask to pay for it?

4. musicguyUSA

musicguyUSA New Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Dallas, TX USA
    @ Ducatititriumph, thank you for the information. It is nice to hear the quality level of their products is good.

@ Helmut Visor, I did email them directly regarding shipping to the USA. I specifically asked if shipments were sent using a service that provided tracking information. I received a vague and uninformative response that didn't address my question. Which is why I posted this to the forum.

I order many items from overseas companies with excellent results. All provide a purchasing option to use a shipping service that provides tracking information. This is the first company I have found that doesn't specifically state by what method they ship international orders.

• Like Like x 1
  5. musicguyUSA

musicguyUSA New Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Dallas, TX USA
    My though process is this. If an item costs only $15 or $20, I will take my chances by ordering it and if it never arrives, my loss. However if an item costs $100 or $150 or $200 plus, then I would like to be reasonably assured I will receive it and, if not, that it can be traced to determine where it actually might be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CFBR

CFBR New Member

Jan 28, 2021
    UK
    Hey guys
    Just found the thread and thought I best come answer your comments.
    I've been part of the Triumph community since 2009. First with Carbon4U then created CarbonFBR in 2013.
    I apologise if it came across vague on the service I use. I use the UK postal service which would tie up with your postal service in your country. Courier service is available on request but the cost skyrockets from the normal £10-20 post office to £50-100+ for a courier. If a parcel weren't delivered I'm not sure why you would take the hit as all the parcel has track and sign added to it when I ship it if your country has the option. Your parcel should have had that option, I might have messed up and not sent info over. That would mean I would have to reship it as long as it wasn't delivered as per the post office system. If you're in the USA then it would give me that info. USA is 2 weeks or just as soon as you become worried that it won't arrive it tends to be there within hours, happened many a times over the years. So far I haven't lost a parcel yet.

I hope this addresses the above, let me know if it doesn't. These type of posts help me improve my service, so thank you for posting it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1