Happy National / Global Mustang Day! Who Has A Mustang??

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sandi T, Apr 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Happy National Mustang Day! Turns out it's Global Mustang Day, too. :) I think there's a National Day of____and Global Day of____ for nearly everything these days. :joy::joy::joy: Here's a photo of my Mustang--a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. :cool: My dad had a red '66 convertible....that my brother now wishes he hadn't sold when my dad passed. Anyone else out there have a Mustang--and photos of it to share with us? :heart:

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.17.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 5.14.54 PM.png

IMG_9266.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    nice mustang

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    I live near Belfast and surprisingly have 3 friends who own early Mustangs. One of them has a couple of later ones also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Had one. The GT. But it became a victim to my wondering eye.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And to what (or whom?!) did your eye wander, Lou??

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sandi T.
    Fantastic car and even more special as you own it. There is three around here aswel so they have to be sought after. Does this mean we are in for another treat with a terrific Sandi T repertoire.
    Joe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Corvette.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Today going to the mustang ranch count? Asking for a friend

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Well I don't own one @Sandi T but I did get a chance to drive this one around Brands Hatch a few years back.:cool:
    20210418_192356.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Joe! :) I'm seeing Mustangs everywhere it seems now that I own one. :joy: I haven't seen any like mine, although I think I spotted one in the other color that Bullitt model comes in called "Highland Green". No trips planned in the Mustang right now but a group of us are doing a nice two-night motorcycle trip this coming weekend. Departing Saturday and returning Monday. It will be great to get out of town for a few days and get in some good riding on new roads.

11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    @steve lovatt
    I'll bet that was great fun, Steve! I love that photo. What year is the car??

Although my Mustang has among it's multiple modes a Track Mode and a Drag Strip Mode, And Line Lock. Kinda overkill for my purposes as I don't know that I'll ever get it on the track. I have a cycling buddy that love to take his Camaro to the track occasionally. Maybe.....

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Stramasher

Stramasher Senior Member

Jun 10, 2020
    ex-0141
    #12 Stramasher, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Love them. A good few of the newer r/h drive ones around here. 5L GT's and even an earlier imported Super Snake.

Hired a couple of convertible ones for roadtrips (was supposed to be over your neck of the woods the now :( bloody c19) Only the little 4L V6 ... which is huge to us. I reckon about 6-7,000 miles (sounds a lot but driving in the US is so easy.)

Out in the middle of nowhere I noticed we were getting flashed by other cars. Speed trap ahead! No, it was other Mustang drivers. Lol. I was happy to start and give it the wave, was glad to see it reciprocated even by the classic mob.

Got told anybody in a convertible Mustang is European. lol.

Surprising ground clearance. Dirt up to the door mirrors on The Valley of The Gods and early morning on the Tioga Pass.

BDC3B5B7-0021-4815-90D5-FC97206BF497.jpeg

D01D3F23-B130-4293-92EF-20B800BD4043.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I'm not really into cars but your Mustang does look nice, i once took a Ferrari on the track for my 50th birthday several years ago, and was disappointed but then i was comparing acceleration to a motorbike. i do like the look of the Classic 50s American cars though

• Like Like x 1
  14. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Sandi - it was!
    I had all the information and lots of photos taken by the company but can only find this one at the moment.
    I believe it was a 1965 model and it was manual (stick shift). :D

m.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, those are fabulous photos, @Stramasher! :grinning: I'm really sorry you didn't get to do your U.S. drive--and I have to say that 6-7,000 miles is a lot even with the driving being easy here!

I laughed over your comments about convertible Mustangs. We see a few around Tucson but not very many, I suspect because even though it's nice much of the year it's far too hot to have the top down the rest of the time. Plus we get plenty of sun in general and don't necessarily need to put the top down on the car to add to it. ;):joy: Hope you get to reschedule that big U.S. West road trip!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks for the nice comment on my Mustang, @Dougie D. It's cool that you got to drive a Ferrari on the track! :grinning: What a great way to celebrate your 50th birthday. :) Apart from not being having motorbike-like acceleration, what was it like to drive a Ferrari??

Having ridden on the track, I do think it would be fun to bring my car to the track. But unlike the BMW S1000R I rode on the track a birthday celebration for me, BTW), that bike was completely track readied. My car, on the other hand, is not. And I'm not really inclined to make it so.

I wasn't really into cars either until I got the Mustang about a year and a half ago. Mr. Sandi and I went to "Ford vs. Ferrari" and that planted the seed. :rolleyes: Now I enjoy driving for driving's sake not just as transportation. I especially enjoy the 6-speed manual transmission. I've not driven a standard in decades. And though my car doesn't accelerate like my bikes, it's no slouch at 420 foot pounds of torque (480hp). But then, there are traffic laws to be considered :joy: so the road is different than the track.

17. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    What a fantastic photo, Steve! :):cool: It's so cool that "your" car was a 1965 model, just a year after the Mustang's introduction. Hopefully you'll find those other photos. A little photo collage would be a nice addition to your garage / "man cave". I was double checking the year the Mustang was introduced and found this. And I'm currently reading a book called "Go Like Hell" by A.J. Baime that's about Ford and Ferrari and early racing history. A very fun and informative read. :cool:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ford-mustang-debuts-at-worlds-fair

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 11.38.42 AM.png

18. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The car looked lovely @Sandi T but the inside was nothing special, i know it's supposed to be all about the driving experience with a sports car but for about £117,000 ($163,000) you would have thought it would have been luxurious inside, it cornered great and the brakes were really good and the acceleration was fast for a car although the paddle shift took me a while to get used to, The track was Knockhill which is quite short at 1.27 miles so i didn't get to fully stretch it's legs, it has 490bhp and does 0-60 in under 4 secs which i guess is on a par with most bikes, but it didn't give me the same feeling as i get from a bike. The top speed is 195mph.
    FerraiExperience7KnockhillThumbImg.jpg

KnockhillTrackImg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    The original company I booked with "Classic American Muscle" went bust but I found this online regarding the cars.

Classic American Muscle operates a fleet of vintage Ford Mustangs including 'Hercules' a high spec 1965 Mustang Coupé; 'Ruby' a 1965 Coupé with an engine originally built for straight line drag racing, 'Sprint' a 1970 Boss 302 Tribute and 'Flo' a 1995 Ford Mustang GT.

I was driving Ruby! :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yikes! $163,000?! Yes, for that price I'd agree that the interior could and should be luxurious. IMO, just because it's a sports car doesn't mean it has to be austere. I've never used paddle shifters though I've had cars previous to my Mustang that had them. It just didn't seem like "real" shifting to me though I can't really say since, as I said, I never did try them out. Thanks for sharing the photos. That's a great one of the track. And that car really is a sleek beauty.

I do think that the sensation of speed on a motorcycle will always be greater than that one experiences in a car. I love drag racing (watching, not doing, though that might be fun too) and most years Mr. Sandi and I have gone up to Phoenix for the NHRA races there. My favorite is always the top fuel cars as they are the fastest. But I also love to watch the drag bikes and would wager that the riders are feeling their speed more than are the drivers.