Featured Happy Ending!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Ken walburn, Aug 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    You may remember a post about the waxed olive pannier set I purchased for the Thruxton R, which suffered a stitching malfunction after being parked in the rain for a couple of hours. Well, Happy Days! Triumph have agreed to replace said items free of charge. The selling dealer have placed the order together with a request for the waterproof rain covers that should have been included in the first place, in my humble opinion.

IMG_0280.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thruxton R rider

Thruxton R rider New Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Kent
    Hello Ken
    I have a Thruxton R with R&G tail tidy and I'm in the market for some panniers for touring....google research throws up a few but most of them seem to fit the non R because of the ohlins. How are you getting on with what you have?

3. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    They are fine, do not hold a massive amount but enough for a European tour this summer for 5 days. They look lovely, but you must buy the waterproof covers because they are in no way waterproof. Easy to fit but also easy to remove( I. e. not thief proof) so I thread through a bicycle wire lock, this would need to be cut if someone wished to steal the bags. Overall despite initial issues with waterproofness ( renewed under warranty) I am very pleased with them

• Like Like x 1