Handlebars 2017 Vs 2018 Vs Aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by SuperHans, Mar 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Hi,

Just realized that the bike I just bought probably (haven't verified it yet) bent handlebar due to being dropped.
    Its not extreme but its annoying enough and was looking at maybe replacing it with a new one and was wondering if any of you have done so or have a bit of a handlebar fetish?

The original handlebar for the 2016/2017 S/R is:
    T2041820
    The original handlebar for the 2018 - onwards S/RS is
    T2042299

And there is of course a whole pile of non-triumph ones out there that's more universal.
    Problem there is that it seems like some modification (drilling holes) is needed to accommodate for heated grips (OEM) and other stuff.

Do you know what the difference is between the handlebar between MY2017 and 2018?
    And have any of you installed aftermarket ones on 2016 - onwards.

Cheers.

2. fmH

fmH New Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Canada
    Hi there - did you ever find anything out from this query? I am also looking.
    Have heated grips

3. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I can't answer the question but I can confirm triumph handlebars do have various holes and cutouts etc for the controls and grips, bar ends and what have you. I suppose if you get aftermarket bars of the correct diameter its possible to drill and file any required holes. I imagine making some sort of template from the original bars would be the way to go.

4. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Possibly different threads in the end bungs too?
    That was certainly the case on earlier S3's. The R had different to lower spec and thus affected which bar end mirrors were required.