Handlebar Vibration

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DocQ, May 28, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DocQ

DocQ New Member

May 28, 2023
    Canada
    Hello everyone. Newbie on the forum. First ever forum actually. Just sold VStrom 650 and purchased Tiger 900 Rally Pro. Love the bike but I have Raynaud’s and the vibration on the handle bars is uncomfortable. R>L. The salesman at the dealership suggested that we go with heavier handlebar weights, but my bike doesn’t have any. Is this something that anyone else has experienced and fixed? In all the test ride videos that I reviewed before purchasing, the vibration was always mentioned as a consequence of the new firing order, which gives the torque at the lower end.
    Thanks.

2. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    Hi and welcome, I can sympathise on the Raynaud's front, but can't help with your query I am afraid. Hopefully one of the knowledgeable folk will be along to help soon!

3. DocQ

DocQ New Member

May 28, 2023
    Canada
    thanks for the welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    I had a similar problem on my first Tiger Explorer. I purchased some handlebar weights and it helped. Something I also tried, and it might sound odd, is that I put about 100 elastic bands on the throttle side adding about 1/4 inch of rubber around the circumference of the throttle and that eradicated the problem completely. I didn’t bother with the clutch side as I could relax my grip on that side so any vibration did not bother me.

5. Fork Lock

Fork Lock Elite Member

Feb 5, 2021
    South Jersey, The 51st State
    I had a similar issue when I rode Harleys. I solved it with a pair of golfer's gloves that had padded palm swells. I found them in black, on-line. They looked just as good as any "biker" gloves.

6. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Senior Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
  7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I am not sure how nobbly the Rally Pro tyres are. I suspect that I get a fair bit of handle bar vibration from the Michelin Anakee Adventures on my 850. When I coast at highway speeds I can still feel handlebar vibes. I plan to try a road oriented tyre when I change them.

8. DocQ

DocQ New Member

May 28, 2023
    Canada
    Thanks everyone. I am running the 90-10 stock tires that the bike came with.

9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  10. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Can you get Grip Puppy's in Canada? Might well be a very cheap fix.

11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome…