Handguards For 2017 T100

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Andreas_CH, Jun 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andreas_CH

Andreas_CH Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Switzerland, Rapperswil
    Hi everyone, I am looking to get some handguards for my 2017 T100.
    I don‘t need them against wind chill, so I’m not looking for something big, but only for protecting the levers in case the bike falls over. Happened to me once and the clutch lever got damaged - it‘s exactly where the bike falls onto. Now I don‘t want this to happen again if I‘m on a tour in the middle of nowhere. So simple but sturdy bars in front of the levers should do the trick.
    Does anyone have experience with this and a suggestion, fitting the T100?

Andreas

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Andreas_CH

Andreas_CH Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Switzerland, Rapperswil
    So what I am looking for is most probably called lever guard ... I guess?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarkT120

MarkT120 New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Weymouth, UK
    One of my levers was broken when my bike was knocked over at work by a colleague (guess how happy I was!)
    I replaced it - and the other - with slightly shorter adjustable levers from TEC. Besides the fact that the levers are now much less likely to sustain damage I have found them much more comfortable than the Triumph levers. A bargain at less than £40 for the pair

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andreas_CH

Andreas_CH Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Switzerland, Rapperswil
    Hi Mark, TEC? Where would I find them, do you have some link?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi Andreas, in addition to a shorter lever you also get a foldable lever which in the event of a spill will fold upwards and not break. There is different ones available. Have a look at the following link. Select your bike, year model and view the levers. A bit pricey but top quality products. I’ve used them before and can recommend. https://evotech-performance.com/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andreas_CH

Andreas_CH Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Switzerland, Rapperswil
    Thanks everyone, great options.

• Agree Agree x 1