Hand Guards

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by pasher, Oct 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    • Like Like x 3
  2. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    7/8ths handlebar?

R

3. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Not sure that handlebar diameter comes into it. From the picture of the bits that come with them I'm hoping that they'll be fixable to the bars ends and under the mirror stalks.

4. Mischa Vladivostok

Mischa Vladivostok Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    They look interesting, looking forward to know how you get on with them.

5. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    That was fairly straightforward. They fitted to the bar ends ok but the supplied brackets didn't reach the mirror stalks so had to make some. IMG_3127.JPG IMG_3128.JPG IMG_3125.JPG IMG_3126.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Let us know how you go on Pasher.
    Distance covered
    Outside Temperature
    What type of gloves you were wearing.
    How cold your hands felt ? (Subjective)
    I am only planning to ride approx 20 miles in one go through the winter months so do not know if I will really benefit from fitting these ?

7. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Will do MickEng. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Hopefully over the weekend.

8. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    Wasn't that cold in Nottingham today, maybe 9/10 degrees, but certainly think these guards are going to help when the temperature drops a bit more. Just wearing the 'summer' gloves with no padding, heated grips off and was comfortable at 70/80 on the M1. By way of a subjective experiment I raised a clenched left hand into the air-flow and within seconds a chill was beginning to set in.
    A good £13.85 spent I reckon :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Good report Pasher and definitely worth the money by the look of it.
    Basically they are stopping the wind chill of whatever speed you are riding at unless the aerodynamics were directing some of the wind onto your hands.
    I have a selection of winter gloves, Dainesse, Belstaff and Merlin, so I will see how I go on my 20 mile commute to work as the weather gets cooler.
    Nice neat job of fitting them well done.
    Keep us posted as the weather cools, and for rain deflection etc.

10. pasher

pasher Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Nottingham
    You know, I hadn't considered that they might keep some of the rain off my hands as well !!
    Am also glad I picked the lightly smoked translucent ones as well. They are less 'intrusive' on the bike's styling imo.

11. Oinkoink

Oinkoink New Member

May 24, 2018
    Ohio
    I know it's an old Post but I decided to try this mod and delighted to say it does work. I too had to add length to the furnished bracket but a trip to the hardware store for 2" brackets did the job. And saved quite a bit of money in the process.

• Like Like x 2
  12. johnboy51

johnboy51 Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Rugby, UK
    On a particularly cold and wet ride on the T120 to Whitby last May my brand new 100% waterproof gloves were 100% NOT. As I often suffer with cold hands, I invested in a pair of Barkbuster STM007 handguards and have to say they are brilliant at keeping my hands warm and 100% dry. I agree that they dont enhance the looks much but these days comfort wins the day. They are only single point fixing but seem solid and may come off when it's warmer and drier.

13. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    A must for winter riding mate keeps the wind chill off the hands

• Like Like x 1