Halfords.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kenbro, Jun 29, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Sorry to be a pain, but, any news on the Halfords discount cards?
    Tia,Ken.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    just make yourself a bit of headed notepaper with something to do with the auto trade, obviously only if you work in the business, and apply for one on their website

• Like Like x 1
  3. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I just went in to store - told them that I am an engineer and they issued card there and then..

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    As stollydriver has proved if you want it quickly do it yourself and it costs you nothing! Well maybe a bit of time but you have to assume they are going to halfords at some point.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Not quite DD the premium membership is £5 and £15 includes free halfords discount card. Maybe he gets bigger discounts than trade in which case good on him. But as Kenbro seemed in a hurry I suggested, in the interim, going for the trade card which you can get pretty well immediately, and won’t cost you any extra.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Can’t remember when I upgraded my membership but it was months ago, but, as things have been different recently I can wait, but I won’t go to Halfords and ask for one.
    Cheers,Ken.

7. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    I renewed my premium membership last year for the second time at £15 to include the Halfords card....I thought they expired after 12 months....I now have two!
    : unamused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Sell it for £9.50

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I did that:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Two’s better than none
    Ken.

11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Good job you can use hellfrauds cards online, as my 'local' is a 200 mile round trip!

I had a full on row with the store manager in that branch. I was looking for one of those little mirrors you put on the wing mirror to extend the field of view, and couldn't find them. So asked spotty oik on counter to be told "Curiously, they are with the mirrors". Pushed the wrong button boy... Gave him a rake of fux, which dragged the manager off his fat lazy arse and into it. Gave him a similar rake, to the extent he dashed off to get the mirrors for me. When he turned up with them, after struggling to find them, and put them on the counter, I told him to shove them up where the sun don't shine and walked out.

Aaah... Halfords.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Nice one - not sure I'd take on an argumentative "BIG SANDY"!

Do you still need the little mirrors? Might be able to help you out.

13. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Likewise Sandy I've spend thousands with them over the years
    Today I took back an 18 month old battery and have been told they won't replace it as their warrenty doesn't cover the fault not worth the paper it's written on I'll never use them again Not happy :mad:

14. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    They said lack of use so it now won't hold a charge I've got a ten year old starter pack which gets used less but always has its charge
    As far as I'm concerned the 4 year warranty is bullshit if the battery doesn't work it should be replaced

15. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Told them that mate they're adamant and I can't be arsed it's their loss I'll use the motor factors and be telling people likewise

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Tell ‘em you’ll spoil their reputation (Assuming they have one) by telling everybody in the world via social media.
    Ken.

17. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Thanks for the kind offer brother, but I "killed"* the vehicle it was for, and don't need them now.

Much appreciated though :)

* It was for a fiat marea 1900jtd estate that I got for £100 as it was a (in the sellers words) "a fechin slug". I spent £80 on a mass airflow sensor, and then overtook him in his new Chrysler pt croozer thing on the way home. Put near on 270000 miles on it after that in the 5 years we had it, but fiat tin worm killed it dead. Bloody good engine too. :)

Still, not been in Hellfrauds since :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    Incidentally, batteries....

Years ago I was in Land Ranger Services in Middlewich, talking to the owner. Chatting away (whilst getting parts) and the phone rings...

Terry "Oh, right. Yes quite likely you need a new battery, but put a drop test on it, that will tell you for sure. Got plenty in stock if you need one."

Back to the parts list. I've scored a couple freebies from him by now... Phone rings again.

Terry "Really?" (going red in the face) "Oh, yes, definitely need a new one then. Yes, plenty in stock... Yup. See ya soon." phone down.

He is bright red, laughing fit to burst. When he calms down he tells me that the guy rang him back about the drop test.. Now he'd dropped it, it's broken the casing, so yeah, that proves he needs a new one..... :p:joy:

• Funny Funny x 4