Had an issue..... Fixed it.....Wooo hoooo

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Jody, Oct 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jody

Jody Active Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Nuneaton
    Had an issue with my 2011 Speedy....

When I got it it felt a bit sluggish low down (I thought this may have been as I'd come from a Ducati which made max torque from 2-4k revs)

After checking the map with Tuneecu (which I'd used on my Ducati no end) I found it to be the Arrow slip on map (when I bought it the standard cans were and still are fitted)

Loaded up the standard map for 91 RON fuel and it wouldn't pull away from the lights unless it was at 3k+ and wouldn't pull unless throttle was half open

Loaded the 95 RON map and it was better except it was still a bit rough low down

Under 2k it would bog down away from lights and on part throttle under 4k it just wouldn't pull...Give a good fist full and it would pull fine

Dawned on me that if the previous owner had the O2 sensor turned off with the Arrows fitted it may have blocked and baked the carbon onto the sensor stopping it reading correct

Loaded standard 95 RON map again with O2 turned off and it is like night and day now

Part throttle opening below 4k it pulls, can now pull away below 2k without any bogging down and the throttle isn't like a 2 stage switch now :D

• Like Like x 4
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Great stuff thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Interesting stuff. How times have moved on since the Good old (bad) days. Thanks for the share

• Like Like x 1
  4. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Nice to fix something yourself, very rewarding..... and cheaper than main dealer :)

• Like Like x 1